Digital Search Manager
Under the direction of the Director of Online Marketing/Lead Acquisition, the Digital Search Manager will be responsible for insuring higher rankings for all Saint Leo sites by auditing, analyzing and providing recommendations that will deliver desired results. The Digital Search Manager will work with the Web Marketing Team to implement SEO and PPC strategies and track the effectiveness of new and existing campaigns. The Digital Search Manager will also be responsible for monitoring and driving results from third-party search agency as it pertains to PPC performance.
***In addition to resume, the following documents are required for consideration. We are requesting that all documents be uploaded in one file (.PDF or Word) to the APPLICATION PACKET section of the application.***
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Letter of Recommendation 2
- Implement an effective SEO strategy to successfully maintain a competitive organic search presence in all markets.
- Create the necessary technical architecture to maximize SEO performance.
- Build systems and protocols internally that ensure all content is optimized across all platforms and user experiences (websites, mobile, social, video, blogs, directories, etc.).
- Help set, and work to, key performance indicators for SEO and which complement overall marketing and business objectives.
- Promote both off-site and on-site activities and also the interactions that build ranking, profile and traffic.
- Keyword Research to effectively target organic search engine traffic.
- Act as day to day liaison with third-party search agency
- Develop optimized PPC Search strategy (working with third-party search agency) by leveraging emerging technologies, business practices and search engine algorithm changes.
- Monitor performance of PPC campaigns and work with agency to adjust campaigns to achieve maximum ROI.
- Work with third-party search agency to create and optimize landing pages to maximize click-through and conversion rates.
- Partner with the Director of Social Media to identify new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities with SEO.
- Link building (both internal and external).
- Utilize analytics software (Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Hubspot, etc.) to gauge effectiveness, adjust campaigns as necessary, and prepare detailed SEO strategy reports.
- Keep up to date with current SEO and Internet Marketing best practices to keep a competitive edge.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge or understanding of Internet Marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), social media optimization (SMO).
- Working knowledge of HMTL, PHP, CSS, XML sitemap submissions, CMS, and code structure is required as it relates to SEO.
- Must have demonstrated success in devising strategies and tactics for SEO and measuring results using multiple analytics tools and report results to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to manage SEM campaigns with effective bidding, testing and keyword management.
- Manage analytics, reporting and billing for each campaign.
- Strong familiarity with Google and other third-party keyword research and SEO tools.
- Experience working with Hubspot marketing automation platform a plus.
- Strong analytical ability and expertise in Excel.
- Ability to work independently/efficiently and to thrive in a fast paced environment, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to quickly adjust priorities to respond to pressing demands.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong project management skills and experience.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years of related SEO/SEM experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success.
Job ID 2017-1575
Job Locations US-FL-Saint Leo