Casual - Visual Arts Computer Lab Assistant
Requisition # 2017-7888
Department Lewis Center, Visual Arts
Category Information Technology
Date Posted 8/16/2017
Full-Time / Part-Time Temporary
Application Deadline 9/16/2017
The Program in Visual Arts is opening a new Mac-based computer lab for all students enrolled in and concentrating in Visual Arts. The Computer Lab Coordinator will maintain the facility and provide technical support to students. This position reports to the Director of the Visual Arts Program and the Program Manager and works in concert with the LCA Technical Support staff. The Computer Lab Coordinator will arrange for software tutorial workshops and may be asked to provide software tutorials to VisArt students.
The Computer Lab Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that VisArts students have consistent access to the facility and that basic care and order is maintained in the lab at all times. Candidates must be proactive in terms of organizing, repairs and maintenance, and anticipating lab needs for a growing Visual Arts Department.
- Maintain a regular schedule when the lab will be open and available for use by students
- Provide hardware and software recommendations based on student feedback
- Provide basic user training on common tools and applications as needed.
- Ensure that printers and computers are operational at all times, or notifying the appropriate party if they are not.
- Provide basic technical support for software and hardware
- Communicate network problems to network administrator
- Keep lab in a clean and organized condition
- Maintain an accurate inventory of all computer lab assets
- Stock lab with all necessary computer, printer and scanner supplies
- Acquire and maintain good working knowledge of current versions of standardized software
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience:
- Proficient with Mac OS; ability to manage and maintain systems efficiently
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Prior experience supporting desktop computers, printers, and scanners
- Ability to instruct in the use of Epson scanning and printing processes, Adobe Creative Cloud, including After Effects, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere
Be advised that you will be contacted only if there is further interest in your application. The candidate dashboard will not display status updates for this requisition.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Work Schedule, If Other Than Standard Hours
One day a week, 8 hours. Some flexibility needed.
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Comments Related to End Date
Position may be renewed for the spring term
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.