Casual - Assistant Audio Engineer
Requisition # 2017-7891
Department Performing Arts Services
Category Arts and Museum Administration
Date Posted 1 month ago
Full-Time / Part-Time Temporary
Application Deadline 10/16/2017
Performing Arts Services seeks an Assistant Audio Engineer to provide technical support with audio and recording at Richardson Auditorium and other campus venues.
The Assistant Audio engineer position requires proficiency in pre-production planning, technical set-up, equipment placement, setting audio mix and program volume levels, signal routing and interface connection of audio signals.
- The Assistant Audio engineer must possess aesthetic knowledge of a broad range of sound and recording circumstances from music to lectures. The engineer needs to be familiar with the acoustic properties of venues where sound reinforcement or concert recording are required.
- The position requires work hours during evening and weekends and sometimes in excess of 8 hours in a day.
- The position will work approximately 15-20 hours per week, on an as needed basis. The audio engineer must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Three years experience in professional audio recording and sound reinforcement. Knowledge of Windows and MacIntosh operating systems, and the use of software for music production, audio processing.
- Experience in ProTools, Venue, Soundforge, Waves, Microsoft Office, and CD duplication and labeling software.
Be advised that you will be contacted only if there is further interest in your application. The candidate dashboard will not display status updates for this requisition.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Work Schedule, If Other Than Standard Hours
Schedule varies based on performance calendar
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.