University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
College of Nursing
Position #2428 - Requisition #10743
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The College of Nursing has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Medical Assistant position.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
Nature of Work:
The University of Colorado, College of Nursing, is seeking a Medical Assistant for a full-time position with the University Of Colorado College Of Nursing at its Campus Health Center clinic, on the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora CO. This position will provide quality care to patients and provide some front desk operations; 40 hours per week (will include weekend hours). Applicants should be educated and trained to perform clinical, administrative, and financial skills in a health care environment.
Clinic Description: The Campus Health Center, with both physical and behavioral health care delivered by varied health disciplines through CU Health Partners, is designed to meet CU Anschutz student health and wellness needs. In addition, surrounding community members are welcome to access health services at this clinic.
Examples of Work Performed:
• Upholds strict compliance with University and professional policies/procedures
• Greets patients
• Measures and records vital signs
• Records patient interview, history, and chief complaint
• Provides patient education with regard to office policies, medications, diagnoses, treatment, plan of care, and follow-up
• Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests
• Assists providers with examinations and procedures
• Performs phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens
• Performs basic lab tests
• Prepares and administers medications with providers authorization
• Changes dressings, applies bandages, removes sutures, and other first aid
• Answers phone and schedules appointments
• Inputs computer data and maintains electronic health record (EHR)
• Completes paperwork for health and financial purposes, as needed
• Uses CPR skills when required
• Maintains supplies, equipment, stocking, and sterilizing instruments
• Disposes of biohazard waste according to OSHA standards
• Practices OSHA safety standards
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Performs accurate, legal, and ethical documentation (electronic/hard-copy) at all times
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position starts at $34,260 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
• Graduate from an accredited medical/nursing assistant school/program
• Current Medical/Nursing Assistant Diploma
• Prior medical office experience, this includes student externship
• Current BLS/CPR certification
• Current Medical/Nursing Assistant Certification
• Prior EHR (electronic health record) experience, this includes student externship
• BS in health-related field
• Bilingual Spanish/English speaking
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Considerable degree of independent judgment and work priorities
• Exemplary organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• Unconditional ability to maintain patient confidentiality
• Proficient in computer use and clinic software
• Knowledge of current medical procedures and understanding of basic medical terminology
• Interpersonal skills to work effectively with patients, their families, and other members of the health care team
Special Instructions to Applicants:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin August 30, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Job Category: Health Care
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20468 - College of Nursing
Posting Date: Aug 16, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: CON HR
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
Position Number: 00002428