Process Improvement Analyst
Process Improvement Analyst
Process Improvement Analyst
Business Process Improvement - 923000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; with flex and overtime as needed
The Business Process Improvement department strives to ensure the organizational effectiveness and financial integrity of the UNT System operating functions. It serves as a resource to all levels of management and operating entities within UNT System Finance in support of the institutions' strategic mission.
The University of North Texas System is comprised of three component institutions with four major locations: University of North Texas located in Denton, TX, University of North Texas Health Science Center located in Fort Worth, TX, University of North Texas at Dallas located in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas, TX, and University of North Texas System located in Downtown Dallas, TX.
This position is located at our Business Service Center at Woodhill Square, just south of our flagship campus in Denton.
The Business Process Improvement Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Process Improvement Analyst to join our team.
The Process Improvement Analyst performs complex process improvement and quality methodology work. Maps processes, facilitates improvements, coordinates improvement initiatives, and manages multiple projects. Collaborates with process owners and content experts. Gathers data, analyzes and effectively synthesizes information, communicates processes that may be complex and cross-functional. Documents processes, troubleshoots, problem solves, and makes recommendations. Develops and maintains process metrics, benchmarking data and reports, and conducts performance trending. Partners with subject matters and process owners. Works as part of a collaborative process improvement team. Conducts interviews to gather information, negotiates with stakeholders, and advises administrators/management. Works under limited supervision, with moderate latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Examples of duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
* Maps processes and process improvements.
* Leads projects as a project manager and/or Lean SixSigma practitioner.
* Aids in change management as required.
* Performs risk management and quality assurance on processes.
* Quantitatively measures and manages processes and projects.
* Applies quantitative rigor to defend recommendations.
* Facilitates documentation of existing processes and improvements.
* Communicates changes and facilitates implementation.
* Gathers and analyzes data.
* Compiles reports, charts, graphs.
* Creates record keeping systems.
* Manages multiple projects.
* Collaborates as part of a dynamic team.
* Problem solves and troubleshoots process issues.
* Partners with subject matter experts, functional team members, process owners.
* Makes recommendations for improvements.
* Trains and advises stakeholders on quality methodology and process improvement.
* Participates in continued professional development and stays abreast of leading process improvement and quality methodology trends.
Note, the candidate who is hired will be required to obtain Lean Six Sigma and PMP Certification as part of her/his employment agreement with the UNT System.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree (Finance, Accounting, Economics, Operations Management, Engineering) in related field and four years of related work experience; prior experience with process improvement and quality methodology; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Ability to plan, assign and supervise the work of team members.
* Considerable knowledge of principles of process improvement and quality methodology such as TQM, Lean Six Sigma, financial modeling and models, accounting management and measurement, operations.
* Strong propensity to be organized, detailed, intrinsically motivated, and disciplined in your actions and appoach to projects.
* Strong oral and written communications skills.
* Possess the business acumen to see various perspectives and implications (financial and operational) of current state and future state processes.
* Ability to work independently and anticipate the needs of the team and overall organization.
* Ability to create ad hoc analytical models to support complex processes and projects.
* Ability to analyze varied courses of action and participate in process mapping, data gathering (discovery), financial and statistical model building, and operations management.
* Ability to effectively communicate process improvement methodology to others through training and guidance.
* Ability to effectively communicate and document detailed, complex, cross-functional processes.
* Extensive knowledge in process mapping, process metrics, KPI development, benchmarking, and performance trending.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to work with considerable independence and initiative.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Lean Six Sigma GreenBelt or BlackBelt experience/certification.
* PMP certification.
* Finance/Accounting/Operations experience.
* Manufacturing experience a plus.
* Audit experience a plus.
* Strong presentation skills; strong Excel, PowerPoint, Access skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting