Counselor II Loans
Counselor II Loans
Student Services Specialist II
Financial Aid - 164860
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
The Student Financial Aid & Scholarships (SFAS) department is committed to helping students achieve their educational goals by providing financial guidance and assistance within the guidelines of regulatory requirements. Through educational endeavors and student outreach, SFAS remains a vital contributor to UNT's enrollment success.
The Student Financial Aid & Scholarships (SFAS) department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Student Services Specialist II to join our team and function as a Counselor II on the Loan Team.
This is professional work providing immediate and comprehensive service to customers relative to Federal, State and Institutional regulatory requirements, awarding financial aid, calculating Federal need analysis eligibility, performing detailed technical duties, conducting financial aid presentations, maintaining professional knowledge, performing special projects and providing intensive educational loan program data.
The Financial Aid Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Student Services Specialist II (Counselor II Loans) to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Counseling and routing incoming inquiries regarding financial aid application processes, aid program availability, need analysis, verification requirements, satisfactory academic progress and ineligibility for aid.
* Assuming accountability for and maintaining knowledge of federal, state and institutional guidelines and regulations.
* Determining and explaining formulas and calculations.
* Assessing program eligibility for various financial aid programs.
* Responsible for processing private and state loans.
* Accessing, utilizing and updating information into the PeopleSoft system, ImageNow, NSLDS and FAA Access.
* Sending, retrieving and reviewing daily electronic loan transmissions, loan entrance/exit counseling reports and other loan area specific tasks.
* Write procedural documentation for specific areas of assigned responsibility.
* Assist office administrators in assigned tasks.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess an Associate's Degree and two years of office administration experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Proficiency in MS Office.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Minimum two years of experience within a Financial Aid Office.
* Customer service experience in multiple settings.
* The physical ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting