University Information Systems (UIS) provides technical services and enterprise applications to the University of Colorado campuses and the Office of the President. UIS is committed to excellence in customer service and technical expertise. Through the development of enterprise applications, UIS supports the University as a whole with systems used by students, faculty, human resources employees, finance employees, and others.
This position exists to provide technical support and leadership in the area of integration of PeopleSoft applications with other systems and applications. This includes PeopleSoft technologies (specifically Integration Broker and PeopleSoft Web Services), in depth understanding of integration project life cycles, and particularly using SOA technologies in support of the Oracle vended systems that have been implemented at CU. Responsibilities include: technical design of complex processes; coding, testing, and implementing software; providing technical support to other internal staff; planning and organizing small projects and leading other development staff during implementation of such projects as well as support of web services and other integrations. This position is exempt from the classified system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities (with percentage weights) are as follows:
- Systems Analysis and Design: Address end users' system and information needs by analyzing complex processes in order to design interfaces, including writing technical specifications. Create technical documentation (25%)
- Communicate and collaborate with campus liaisons, architectural staff and project leadership to clarify requirements, resolve issues, lead technical solutions and provide support on interface projects (15%)
- Collaborate with project leadership to develop project plans and schedule, determine project staffing, provide status reporting, and ensure coordination and integration with other facets of the implementation effort (10%)
- Program coding, testing, production implementation. Write new or modify existing programs using a variety of computer languages on a variety of operating system platforms. Confirm accuracy of software by testing new and modified applications, and by coordinating end user system testing (50%)
Who we are:
System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield and a few smaller offices located on the campuses. However, this position is located in Denver. Many of our departments support the educational and research missions of the four University of Colorado campuses. We provide diverse opportunities for professional development, innovation, and collaboration with talented staff and faculty.
The University of Colorado is committed to recruiting and supporting diversity and equality in education and employment. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
What we offer:
Salary: The salary range for this position is $80,000 - $85,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental, Disability, Vision, Life and Wellness
- Retirement: 10% Employer Match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Benefit
- ECO Pass
Information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in computer science, electrical engineering or other IT related field.
- Five (5) years of experience as a Service Oriented Architectures Engineer, PeopleSoft Application Developer, or other IT related field, including experience with:
- PeopleSoft Integration Broker, App Package PeopleCode, Component Interfaces, PeopleCode Tracing, Debugging, Log File reviews, Tree Manager, Data Mover, PSQuery and SQR
- PeopleTools 8.49 or newer
- PeopleSoft HCM/HRMS v9.0 or newer or Campus Solutions v9.0 or newer
- Data conversions and integrations including PeopleSoft and non-PeopleSoft source and target systems
- Complex development activities using, and analysis of data flows into and out of, the tables in the core PeopleSoft HCM/Campus Solutions person data model
- Development activities in a Unix environment
- Experience must also include at least one (1) project for each of the following technologies:
- Web Services Standards like XML, SOAP, WSDL, WS-Security, REST, WADL or JSON
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration, completed applications must be received by Tuesday, August 29, 2017. Those who do not apply by August 29, 2017 may or may not be considered. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and list of references to your application as three separate documents. Please ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached. For full consideration, please apply by August 29, 2017.
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 50119 - University Information Systems
Posting Date: Aug 16, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lauren Morain
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00001347