Nursing Clinical Instructor - Saturday
Seeking adjunct clinical instructor for a Saturday clinical at a local hospital for the fall, 2017 semester.
Area is medical/surgical nursing in an acute care setting.
1) Demonstrates and teaches patient care in live clinical units to nursing students and instructs students in principles and application of physical, biological, and psychological subjects related to nursing.
2) Supervises student nurses and demonstrates patient care in clinical units of hospital.
3) Evaluates student progress, and maintains records of student's clinical experience.
4) Cooperates with medical and nursing personnel in evaluating and improving teaching and nursing practices.
- Masters degree or higher in a nursing (BSN prepared nurse with required experience will be considered)
- Must be licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Kansas and/or Missouri (depending on the location of the facility).
- Current CPR Healthcare Provider Certification.
Click here for a summary of our benefit information. For a summary of our adjunct faculty compensation, click here.
Every employee of the college is expected to treat all members of the college community with dignity and respect demonstrating professional, courteous and respectful behavior and engage in constructive conflict resolution, when needed.
In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
Johnson County Community College welcomes the application of any qualified candidate and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, age, religion, genetic information, marital status, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or other factors that cannot be lawfully considered.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email.
For a summary of all disclosures (Background check, Clery Act, ADA, EOE, etc) refer to the links on our Career page.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Competitive rate of pay
Hours per Week
7A-7P on Saturdays May be asked to assist on other days as available in lab settings.