SENIOR CONSULTANT , ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND LEARNING, Human Resources (4978/H1617)
The Senior Consultant, Organizational Development and Learning will provide direction, guidance and create tools for Organizational Change Management, and collaborate with leaders, and HR Business Partners to ensure that strategic tools that will increase change readiness and end user adoption are incorporated into Boston University’s strategy for transformational change. The Senior Consultant will also have broader responsibilities including facilitation of diversity, inclusion and bias and other programming, coaching and the development of self-service tools and e-learning content.
Apply a structured methodology and partner with leadership on change management activities:
- Assess the change impact
- Design, Implement and analyze results of change management assessments
- Facilitate workshops with stakeholders including reorganizations, skills gap analysis etc.
- Familiar with tools like RASCI, MS Project, Communications and Project Plans
- Support leadership and project teams by providing input to change management strategy
- Plan and assist leaders is executing change related communications
- Provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions.
- Identify and help leaders manage anticipated resistance and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Evaluate user readiness and adoption
- Provide support for Managing stakeholders
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Work on several different change initiatives concurrently
- Understanding of the big picture with an ability to execute tactically
Online Content Development
- Develop, manage, and moderate online webinars and workshops related to change and other topics.
- Design and develop digital learning materials and engaging learning activities using educational technologies
- Evaluate, and report on the effectiveness of online webinars and recommend modifications as needed based upon business goals and objectives.
- Stay informed of current trends and best practices in educational technology for instructional materials, online courses, webinars, and workshops.
- Seek out opportunities to implement new technological tools related to course design and online education.
- Graduate degree with 7-10 years of experience in organizational development and learning environment
- Certifications in Organizational Change Management
Skills and qualifications:
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills; Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Facilitation Skills and Educational Technology Skills
- Solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Experience with large-scale change efforts
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Ability to work in an ambiguous and changing environment
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Strong business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Facilitation of Fierce Conversations, Diversity, Inclusion and Bias, Human Synergistics Cultural Indicator
- International Experience/Bi-Lingual
- Surveys and Evaluations – Data Analytics
- Experience with Mentoring Programs
- 360 feedback tools/Coaching Experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.