Research Project Manager
The Davidson Laboratory is Stevens Institute of Technology's renowned marine research laboratory . The Research Project Manager works with the Director and in coordination with the Office of Sponsored Programs. he Laboratory operates in two primary areas: marine monitoring and forecasting and experimental marine hydrodynamics (ship design and evaluation) and has recently been expanded by the construction of American Bureau of Shipping engineering complex.There are 30 members of the laboratory.
- Oversee and manage:
- Davidson Lab Director's schedule and administers all travel arrangements as well as maintaining a schedule for the Davidson Laboratory conference and class rooms
- preparation of payroll notices, work orders, purchase requisitions, travel expenses and other reimbursement and payment expenses as needed for the faculty and staff
- access to office and laboratory space and supervises office assignments and furniture acquisitions
- clerical staff or work-study students, including maintaining supplies and distributing mail
- Prepare various monthly reports for the Davidson Lab Director as needed and directed, including financial projections, monthly expenditures and remaining balances on operational and sponsored research accounts.
- Organize monthly laboratory wide meetings and present project financial reports.
- Engage communication with the Office of Sponsored Programs for Workday payroll requests and other sponsored administrative compliances.
- Assist all faculty and staff in fulfilling all administrative functions within the laboratory.
- Other duties as assigned
B.A. / B.S. degree preferred, but consideration will be given to candidates who have directly relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Project
- Possess basic presentation software skills like Microsoft Power Point
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Experience in basic office management and a familiarity with fundamental accounting practices
This position will support a prestigious research center with a large portfolio of sponsored projects. It requires a combination of skills that include a willingness to be a team-player as well as a high-energy person is needed who is a quick learner and interacts well with others (including OSP, OSA, Purchasing, Human Resources and Physical Plant) and can handle tasks with minimum assistance.
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police