Salary: $47,124 - $75,840
Title: Museum Registrar
Department: UCR ARTSBlock
Date Posted: 08/16/2017
Position Information: Working under the Director of Collections, the Registrar will perform registration functions as assigned related to the permanent collection, loans, and temporary exhibitions. This may include coordinating packing, making domestic and international shipping arrangements, and preparing condition reports. Must be detail-oriented with excellent organizational and communication skills (both oral and written). Must be able to multitask and work well under pressure and with frequent deadlines. Will manage confidential information in a discreet and professional manner. Computer experience with Windows Office applications and museum collection management databases (preferably TMS) required. B.A. degree, preferably in Art History or related field required, plus one (1) year of museum experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to work evening and weekends as required.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor's degree in Art History, History, or Museum Studies.
Minimum one (1) year experience in museum registration, collections management, or related field (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
Proficient in Microsoft Office products (on both a Mac and a PC)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Cover letter required.
Ability to work effectively and collegially with a broad range of Museum constituents, including students and scholars.
Ability to achieve cross-functional teamwork and a desire to function in a team environment.
Adherence to deadlines and strong follow through.
Preferred Qualifications: Masters Degree in Art History, History, or Museum Studies
Experience with TMS database software
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview