SENIOR MANAGER OF MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION, Global Programs (4966/H1617)
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, Strategy & Communications, the Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications is responsible for the planning, writing and execution of communications strategies for BU Global Programs units that engage audiences and clearly conveys the role of all four Global Program units (Global Support, Study Abroad, International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO), and the Center for English Language and Orientation Programs (CELOP). In collaboration with the Managing Director, the Senior Manager will develop best practice guidelines for websites, print and social media communication for the group. Provide quality control through effective copy editing and writing and in close collaboration with colleagues in Study Abroad, ISSO, and CELOP, across all Global Programs communications. The Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications will also support the Vice President/Associate Provost for Global Programs with communications related to the University’s Global activities to internal as well as external constituents (i.e., interview requests from local, regional, or national press, speeches, presentations, etc.)
- In collaboration with the Managing Director, Strategy & Communications develop and implement a comprehensive strategic plan for communications to articulate Global Programs resources, mission, goals, and objectives.
- Collaborate on the development and composition of strategic messages, internal and external newsletters and determine the most effective ways and timing for deployment.
- Assess effectiveness of communications efforts and implement comprehensive communication strategies including social media, publications, media relations, campaign/event promotions and digital content. Lead overall production of and write content for a wide range of communications including catalogs, brochures, web sites, presentations, event materials, advertisements, e-newsletters, etc.
- Identify opportunities to improve communications support to Global Programs initiatives. Manage the development of compelling and timely materials to support relevant activities, campaigns, briefings, report submission, press announcements, etc.
- Provide strategic review and copy editing of communications and materials drafted by others to ensure content accuracy and brand adherence.
- Build and foster relationships with appropriate internal and external publications and other venues for marketing and promotion of Global Programs initiatives and of BU as a leading global university.
- In close collaboration with the Managing Director, Strategy & Communications, assist with the management of day-to-day operations of communication efforts and develop effective promotional plan for University events for International Education Week.
- Stay informed of University communications initiatives and branding guidelines through regular contact with the University’s Marketing and Communications department and other communications professionals on campus. Communicate updates regularly to Global Programs team. Establish and enforce brand guidelines for use within Global Programs and in accordance with University guidelines.
- Work with Web Developer and Administrator to keep content for Global Programs websites fresh and up to date; gather and analyze website analytics and create strategy to increase traffic to Global Programs websites
- Supervise student workers and contribute to other projects as required.
Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, English or related field. Five to eight years of professional experience in fast paced operational environment. Proven track record of developing and executing a comprehensive communications strategy. Exemplary organizational, written, and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities effectively both independently and as part of a team. Able to meet tight deadlines. Demonstrated experience in a variety of writing styles, including web writing, copywriting, journalism, and persuasive writing. Skills should include proofreading and editing, the ability to write clear, grammatically correct, and engaging copy in a tone appropriate to a range of platforms and internal and external target audiences under deadline. Ability to produce high-quality work reflecting attention to detail and accuracy. Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to project professional competence, leadership capability and personal maturity. Excellent PowerPoint and Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with HTML, Google Analytics, WordPress, InDesign, Photoshop, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Salesforce/TargetX a plus. Higher education or nonprofit experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.