Salary: $48,800 - $72,500
Title: Executive Assistant
Category: Management and Professional
Department: VCUA - Office
Date Posted: 08/16/2017
Position Information: The Executive Assistant/Administrative Coordinator provides administrative, financial and daily support to the Associate Vice Chancellor (AVC) for University Advancement Administration and related staff. Responsibilities include performing day-to-day operations of answering phones, assisting visitors, communicating with outside vendors, creating and preparing correspondence, scheduling meetings, and providing assistance with project planning and research. Cover letter required. Please note: All applicants will be asked to complete a skills assessment as part of the selection process.
Minimum Requirements: Intermediate proficiency in MS suite (Outlook, Word, Excel). Prior experience with database applications.
Strong service orientation.
Strong skills in analyses and complex problem-solving.
Five (5) years of closely related experience
Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Skill in performing basic bookkeeping/accounting transactions.
Ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
Political acumen and sensitivities to the differing perspectives and political circumstances within all levels of the organization as well as the Office of the President and external constituencies
Strong skills to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, faculty, alumni/donors, students and external constituencies; both verbally and in writing.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of federal regulations such as FERPA.
Knowledge of UCR and UC administrative policies and procedures, particularly financial and purchasing and ability to make informed recommendations. Experience with processing routine financial accounting transactions with an online financial system.
Experience working in a fast paced, educational and/or nonprofit environment
Advising and counseling skills.
Knowledge of EBuy, Itravel, Connexus, UCRFS.
Familiarity with the organization's processes, protocols and procedures.
Thorough knowledge of common organization-specific and other computer application programs.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview