Salary: $60,100 - $89,200
Title: HR Analyst
Category: Management and Professional
Department: CHA&SS Dean's Office
Date Posted: 08/16/2017
Position Information: The Human Resources Analyst serves as an integral part of the Human Resources team for the College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences. This position works alongside the CHASS HR Business Partner/Director in the development, implementation, administration, analysis and evaluation of human resources programs and procedures.
Minimum Requirements: Ability to organize work, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
Ability to accurately apply a wide variety of policies and procedures.
Ability to foster a respectful, cooperative, professional and courteous environment, maintain confidentiality, and employ tact and diplomacy.
Ability to independently gather and analyze data, performing sound judgment and decision-making.
Has thorough knowledge of human resources concepts, policies and procedures, employment practices, labor relations, salary administration, training and other areas of human resources.
Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships.
Demonstrated ability to handle very difficult or volatile situations/individuals effectively.
Demonstrates skill in prioritizing competing work assignments, employing political acumen and integrating information to determine appropriate courses of action and their implications.
Ability to perform accurate mathematical computations including fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions, algebra, interest and routine statistics.
Possesses strong analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
Possesses strong analytical, active listening and critical thinking skills.
Ability to extract data from systems and the ability to analyze, validate and prepare consolidated reports using tools such as pivot tables and formulas within Microsoft Excel.
Ability to perform accurate, detailed work.
Ability to display initiative and remain flexible in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Is skilled in communicating clearly and effectively verbally and in writing.
Preferred Qualifications: Knows the university's Human Resources Management System (HRMS) and other related business software programs and systems.
Has thorough knowledge of organizational policies and procedures; knowledge of functional area and understands how work may impact other areas.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview