8AM - 5PM
$48,800 - $72,500
Under the general direction of the Chair of the Department of Dance and reporting to the Department Manager. The Production Manager (PM) will take a hands-on approach to managing technical, design, and logistical elements of department productions, events, and day-to-day activities in Department of Dance spaces, in collaboration with faculty, staff, and students. The Production Manager will take a leadership role realizing a vision for all production elements of UCR Dance productions and studio spaces, in consideration of the instructional needs of the department, and in collaboration with faculty and staff. This will include guiding the department in developing a culture of effective collaboration between choreographers, dancers, designers, technicians and managers in production processes. It will also include coordinating resources available to the Department of Dance, including the Theatre Facilities Unit, Facilities Management, Performing Arts, the Culver Center for the Arts, College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences and other potential partners such as the Gluck Fellows Program of the Arts, The Center for Ideas and Society, the School of Medicine and in some instances off-campus entities such as the Fox Box Theater in downtown Riverside. The Production Manager will guide the department in the development of effective practices for planning and executing productions and department events, including production meetings, conferences and collegium, technical rehearsals, and show runs. The PM may potentially have a role in training/instruction of students in production technology and management. Applicants must submit a portfolio via email illustrating their work designing lighting for dance. Please include documents which illustrate design/management/technical work to: firstname.lastname@example.org after applying.
Thorough organizational skills.
Thorough problem recognition, avoidance and resolution skills.
Thorough verbal and interpersonal communication skills to communicate complex instructions and information to disparate constituencies.
Mastery level knowledge in multiple technical theater production areas such as lighting, sound, video, costumes, hair/make-up, properties, scenery, scenic treatment, et cetera. Thorough working knowledge of University and collective bargaining policies, practices, rules, regulations, et cetera, including safety rules and regulations.
Thorough knowledge/skills in all aspects of budget administration.
Experience working with dancers and knowledge of some aspects of the dance field - Technical/design proficiencies - Lighting Design -System design, planning, installation, and maintenance - Light board operation/training
Theatrical rigging - Knowledge and experience safely rigging of lighting, projection, drapery, sound and scenic equipment
Projection - Media design - Media playback via contemporary show control software - Projector operation
Sound - Basic sound editing - Basic sound system operation (in collaboration with Music Director/Sound Designer) - Media playback via contemporary show control software such as QLab
Management experience - Production management - Student, staff training, scheduling and supervision - Theater equipment inventory management
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview