HR Compensation Administrator
HR Compensation Administrator
Drawing on its rich legacy as the oldest chartered university in California in 1851, University of the Pacific is a nationally top-ranked, student-focused, comprehensive educational institution widely recognized as one of the most beautiful private university campuses in the West.
Working at Pacific
We value our employees and the inclusive culture at Pacific that inspires innovation, positive intergroup relations, and continued learning. It is the talent of our employees that enables Pacific to provide a superior, student-centered learning experience producing outstanding graduates who are prepared for personal and professional success.
A sample of benefits offered to eligible Pacific employees include:
Pacific Human Resources is committed to operating efficiently and effectively to create value-add services and programs to the Pacific Community whom we serve. The HR division consists of multiple program departments including: Benefits, Classification & Compensation, Employee Relations, Labor Relations, Recruitment, HRIS, and Learning and Talent Development.
The Classification and Compensation section is responsible for the system-wide administration of the University's job analysis, classification, and salary administration programs. Conducts position analysis and position audits to ensure that jobs in the administration and staff salary plans are appropriately classified with respect to pay plan, job code and title, FLSA status, union eligibility, and other factors affecting employment. We are also responsible for developing pay policies, salary ranges, and administrative procedures for approving regular and special pay increases, conducting market pay surveys, analyzing the pay of benchmark positions, and conducting routine and specialized pay studies.
1. Serves as part of the HR management team in developing and implementing policy, process, structure, and guidelines for salary administration.
2. Researches emerging compensation trends and recommends strategies to meet the challenges in maintaining the compensation philosophy of the University.
3. Monitors and analyzes the market competitiveness of the University's staff compensation program.
4. Advices, counsels and provides support to University departments/units in compensation matters including creative solutions to compensation problems and issues.
5. Takes a lead role in annual salary planning process, reviews proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices. Prepares reports, market data and other supporting analyses for the annual staff compensation proposal to the Vice President of Business and Finance.
6. Evaluates and identifies reputable sources of compensation data and manages compensation surveys participation.
7. Manages job evaluation, job description development process, benchmarking, market pricing, classification, salary adjustments, hiring range, and conducts compensation analysis to support compensation recommendations.
8. Applies knowledge of local, state, federal laws and employment trends that may affect compensation programs, practices, and policies.
9. Responsible for job structure management and integrity of compensation systems and data.
10. Mentors HR staff with compensation responsibilities, recommends standards for compensation data entry and other compensation aspects in HRIS to make efficient use of reporting and supports other human resources functional areas.
11. Serves as part of leadership team to create and cement positive relations between three campuses.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Bachelor's degree in related field, and five (5) or more years of compensation experience. Extensive understanding of compensation related principles. Strong familiarity with job analysis and position classification.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Open until filled, for first consideration apply by September 8, 2017.
Pacific is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category.
Apply Here: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/10514