Senior Project Manager - Temporary
Job Title: Senior Project Manager - Temporary
Job ID: 24118
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038, Range 4
Department: Capital Outlay Project Management
About the Position
***This is a temporary three (3) year appointment with benefits***
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for simultaneously managing multiple construction projects on a University Campus. This includes all aspects of project management from conceptual development stage, through final completion. This senior level position is required to interface with a variety of Colleges and Departments including senior administrators, Chancellor’s Office officials, as well as Federal, State and local agencies.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Conducts pre-construction feasibility studies and campus impact assessments. Develops project scope and evaluates and implements various construction and delivery methods for new and/or existing utilities related improvements/renovations. Prepares detailed cost estimates and schedules; implements campus compliance policy and procedures; oversees the performance of all construction contractors and professional consultants; and ensures work is completed according to construction plans, specifications, budget, and schedule.
- Establishes project standards and protocols; works with contractors and other professional consultants to ensure understanding of and compliance with all CSU and public works contracting laws and campus requirements.
- Reviews engineering, architectural drawings and bid specifications for accuracy and completeness; evaluates/monitors project progress and ensures compliance with plans, material specifications, and schedule, tracks and controls construction cost against the project budget, processes change orders, and participates in claims reviews.
- Prepares request for proposals for the selection and hiring of professional engineering and design services. Collaborates with engineering and design departments and provides strategies and technical knowledge of existing utilities infrastructure. Provides technical expertise and recommends solutions to problems related to projects and maintains an up-to date knowledge of applicable codes
- Develops and oversees project close-out including agency approval, training, warranties, and certificate of completion, as-built records, and other requirements. Oversees post construction phases as required by SUAM including the commissioning process of newly installed systems and equipment.
To apply, please visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs and search for Job ID: 24118.
Equal Employment Statement:
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.