Chair of Interior Design
Consistently ranked among the top programs in the U.S. by DesignIntelligence, the SCAD interior design program offers unparalleled learning experiences led by highly credentialed faculty who prepare students for high-level performance in collaborative settings at top firms. The interior design B.F.A., M.F.A. and M.A. programs challenge creative students to become innovative designers capable of critical thinking and effective communication within the context of global design practice.
At SCAD, interior design students learn to apply historical, cultural, theoretical and aesthetic concepts in combination with technical and practical expertise to design spaces and user experiences that add value to the built environment. Join SCAD Savannah as a full-time chair of interior design and lead this unparalleled program.
In this role, you will direct, coordinate and evaluate the interior design department and be responsible for its day-to-day administration. This is your chance to work with talented students from all over the world within the historic district of Savannah, Georgia, a walkable, bike-able coastal city that provides a living laboratory for the study of art and design.
- M.F.A. or its equivalent in interior design or related field
- University-level teaching experience
- Industry experience
- Proven leadership and managerial skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Innovation, energy and personal and professional integrity
- Ability to motivate and lead students and faculty from diverse backgrounds
- Leadership and supervisory experience in academia preferred
- Experience with curriculum development
- National Council for Interior Design Qualification certification preferred
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Revit
- Working knowledge of SketchUp and Autodesk 3ds Max preferred
- Develop curriculum and faculty teaching schedule;
- Foster interdepartmental collaboration and continue to enhance the reputation of the SCAD interior design program in academic and professional circles;
- Work with the dean to oversee departmental budget, including its development and implementation;
- Work with the admission department to recruit talented undergraduate and graduate students to the program;
- Teach classes regularly, as assigned;
- Evaluate professors within the department through class observations, a review of student evaluations, a review of service, professional development and contributions to the department and university;
- Work with the dean to provide professional development opportunities for faculty;
- Develop, in consultation with the dean and department members, a strategic plan for the department that is consistent with School of Building Arts’ goals and overall SCAD strategic plan
For complete submission requirements, please visit our website using the URL listed and follow application instructions: http://scadjobs.scad.edu/postings/16567
Note: Only complete packages will be considered. An unofficial transcript of your highest degree awarded, cover letter, resume or CV, and portfolio are required. For the portfolio, you have the option to upload electronic documents/images, or a URL. Should you have questions regarding your application package, you may submit an email to Human Resources at email@example.com.
SCAD: The University for Creative Careers
The Savannah College of Art and Design is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution conferring bachelor’s and master’s degrees at distinctive locations and online to prepare talented students for professional careers. SCAD offers degrees in more than 40 majors, as well as minors in more than 60 disciplines, in Savannah and Atlanta, Georgia; in Hong Kong; in Lacoste, France; and online through SCAD eLearning.
SCAD has more than 29,000 alumni and offers an exceptional education and unparalleled career preparation. The diverse student body, consisting of nearly 12,000 students, comes from 49 U.S. states and more than 100 countries worldwide. Each student is nurtured and motivated by a faculty of more than 650 professors with extraordinary academic credentials and valuable professional experience. These professors emphasize learning through individual attention in an inspiring university environment. SCAD’s innovative curriculum is enhanced by advanced, professional-level technology, equipment and learning resources, and has garnered acclaim from respected organizations and publications, including 3D World, American Institute of Architects, Businessweek, DesignIntelligence, U.S. News & World Report and the Los Angeles Times.
For more information, visit scad.edu.