Educational Design Technologist
In collaboration with faculty, the Educational Design Technologist is responsible for the full project lifecycle of courses (online, blended, and technology-enhanced) and other educational efforts that utilize media and technology to support the University's technology-enhanced education initiatives.Key Responsibilities
- Work closely with individual faculty members, schools, and academic departments across NYU to conceptualize, plan, design, develop, implement, and evaluate course materials.
- Apply a deep knowledge of pedagogical strategies and educational design principles in order to improve teaching and learning.
- Assess tools to address faculty member's instructional goals.
- Project manage courses creation and related educational projects, including coordinating, collaborating, scheduling, and tracking efforts with team members to design and development media and educational materials according to set milestones
- Support faculty in the use of the University's LMS as well as technologies available at NYU.
Master's degree and at least 3 years of professional work experience in instructional design/educational technology, or the equivalent education and years of work experience
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
The candidate should have experience in the following:
- Designing and developing formal instruction for higher education using instructional design processes (e.g., ADDIE)
- Providing guidance on best practices for creating multimedia for online, blended, global, and enhanced courses
- Transposing instructional content into appropriate media delivery formats
- Writing and Communication
- Exercising excellent written and oral communication skills
- Communicating efficiently, and adapting communication styles for different audiences
- Writing, copyediting, and proofreading clear instructional text, scripts, storyboards, training materials, and documentation
- Project Management
- Managing expectations for faculty in terms of the design and delivery of projects
- Resolving technical issues and other course delivery challenges as they arise
- Scaling and adapting project scopes and schedules due to changing circumstances
- Researching, identifying, managing, and tracking assets according to department practices
- Working independently as well as collaboratively with colleagues and clients on multiple projects simultaneously
- Applying universal design principles and accessibility strategies for online learning
- Assessing usage of content according to knowledge of copyright and educational usage doctrines; negotiating licensing or locating alternatives based on usage limitations
- Building courses within the Sakai LMS using html and css
- Applying knowledge of the features and tools of the Sakai LMS
Master's degree or higher in educational media or educational technology
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Creation and management of issues using Jira or other project management systems
- Knowledge and use of graphic development tools (PhotoShop, Illustrator)
- Creation of elearning modules using authoring software (Captivate, Storyline)
- Knowledge of Tin Can (Experience) API and SCORM
- Experience with data visualization tools
- Experience creating WordPress websites
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter.
EOE/AA/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Apply for Educational Design Technologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly