HP3 Outreach and Enrollment Specialist
National Louis University has taken on a new approach to undergraduate education and has set the ambitious goal of becoming a local and national leader in closing the achievement gap in bachelor’s degree attainment. Through an innovative, affordable, rigorous, flexible, and supportive approach to undergraduate education, NLU seeks to help thousands of students – many of whom face significant barriers to completing college – get to and through college and move on to successful careers and fulfilling lives. This includes adult transfer undergraduate students as well as first-time freshmen students enrolled in NLU’s ground-breaking Harrison Professional Pathways Program (HP3) which is growing rapidly and demonstrating exemplary student retention rates.
HP3 has set ambitious enrollment growth goals in order to achieve this mission. The Outreach and Enrollment Specialists for HP3 will be responsible executing the HP3 Enrollment and Outreach strategic plan to meet and exceed HP3’s new student enrollment goals. As such, primary job functions for this position include: 1) building relationships with local schools and communities 2) participating in local and regional recruitment events and 3) working with students to ensure they successfully move through the enrollment pipeline.
As a successful candidate, you can be described as dedicated to supporting students through the college access process. Energetic and passionate about working with a diverse student body that includes many first-generation students. Committed to building authentic relationships with a variety of stakeholders (e.g., student, parents, school counselors and NLU colleagues) and having deep seeded belief that all students have the right to a high quality college education.
This is a full-time, 12-month administrative position based at the Chicago campus. It will require some frequent evenings and weekend hours.
● Student-Focused: Make decisions based on what is best for students with the belief that when all students have access to resources and support, they are empowered to achieve success.
● Expect Excellence: Hold high expectations for our students and for the adults who serve them, and hold ourselves accountable for achieving excellence.
● Personalized Support: Take a holistic approach to providing individualized support that encourages students to realize their full potential in college and beyond.
● Data-Driven, Collaborative Environment: Work together as a unified team, utilizing real-time data and technology to adapt to student needs.
● Continuous Improvement and Innovation: Remain agile and open to changes and new ideas-incorporating data as well as student, faculty and administration voice-to ensure that we are continuously learning, improving, and innovating in all aspects of the student experience.
Recruitment and Outreach
o Builds relationships with high school Counselors and College Transfer Coordinators to generate prospective student inquiries
o Participates in high school and community related fairs, table visits and networking events with the purpose of establishing inquiry generating contacts
o Actively recruits students using program information sessions, classroom presentations and counselor presentations
o Proactively identifies new opportunities for recruitment growth
o Respond to all potential student concerns, issues or inquires and successfully qualifying them for the program
o Host day time, evening and weekend open house recruitment events
o Track and evaluate recruitment activities using prospect management software.
o Handles forwarded prequalified prospects efficiently and professionally, effectively responding to any potential students’ concerns, issues or inquiry and successfully qualifying students for the Harrison Professional Pathways Program.
o Continuously meets and exceeds monthly goals and maintains a high level of enrollment; manages a prospect after prequalification.
o Provides complete guidance for prospective students interested in enrolling in the Harrison Professional Pathways Program.
o Accurately document and record each contact using the CRM system to ensure a smooth transition of applicant data
o Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding program and the enrollment process
o Foster working relationships with the office of Admissions, Student Finance, and Student Experience with the end goal of more completely serving students
o Successfully implement department recruitment and enrollment processes
o Produces activity reports on a weekly basis
o Ensure timely follow-up with all leads in a timely manner
o Actively works with the HP3 team to ensure that initiatives are coordinated and prospect experience is optimized
o Assist in preparation and hosting of admitted day and orientation events for prospective students
o Attend weekly team meetings and one-on-one’s
o Complete special projects as assigned
● Self-motivated and outcomes-orientation
● Team player who is comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders
● Strong oral and written communication skills; capable of effectively and professionally communicating with a variety of audiences including students, parents, faculty and advisors
● Flexible and comfortable working in a fast-paced, start-up environment. Agile and comfortable with ambiguity
● Technology proficient; experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
● Working knowledge of social media tools such as Instagram, Snapchat, Facebook and twitter is preferred
Experience and/or Education
● Bachelor’s degree required along with a minimum of 2 years related experience
● Demonstrated knowledge in higher ed, college admissions and/or recruitment preferred
● Experience working with data, use of a CRM system (e.g., Salesforce) and SIS (e.g., Banner) preferred
● Experience working with students in an educational setting
● Experience in a sales environment