American Heart Assoc. Training Center Coordinator and ER/Critical Care Coordinator
American Heart Assoc. Training Center Coordinator and ER/Critical Care Coordinator
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09128
Location: CLIMB Center
Address: 1626 SE Water Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Academic Professional; Salary Level 5, Fulltime, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $48,122/yr to $83,441/yr. (see "Additional Posting Information" section for details)
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
The American Heart Assoc. Training Center Coordinator and ER/Critical Care Coordinator markets, designs, develops, and coordinates specialized training for this Health Professions program for the college. Training focus is within the specialized area of health care. Responsibilities will include:
- Innovation and new course creation
- Personal marketing to industry stakeholders
- Ability to create and manage full classes
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
13.33 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
1. Coordinate and conduct marketing for assigned program(s) to target clients. Design and develop marketing material to promote services. Interface with business and industry. Develop and facilitate business partnerships.
2. Contact prospective clients, initiate cold calls, follow-up on leads with client visits, phone calls, and/or letters. Develop proposals based on identified client needs and close sales.
3. Develop course schedule for credit, continuing education, and open campus management and professional development classes. Coordinate logistics of each class. Process course evaluations, continuing education credits, and course grades.
4. Recruit, screen, and recommend the hiring of faculty and workshop facilitators. Screen resumes, call references, negotiate fees within established guidelines. Evaluate instructor effectiveness and offer recommendations for improvement.
5. Coordinate all aspects of the development, delivery, and evaluation of training programs and services. Write contracts. Ensure contractual agreements are met. Track and monitor budgets and invoicing.
6. Develop or participate in curriculum development. Work with instructors, clients, or subject experts in development process. Write course objectives and course content guides. Identify, secure and maintain needed equipment.
7. Monitor programs and courses to ensure that they meet continuing education mandates of licensing /certification agencies.
8 Conduct cost analysis and develop budget. Determine profit margin, negotiate client and instructor contracts, coordinate instructor travel arrangements, and review and monitor costs/expenses associated with program.
9. Instruct classes related to the program.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that support all of the following qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
Bachelor's degree in Communication, Organizational Design, Marketing, Education, or related field (experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis). Depending on position, specialized training may be required.
Demonstrated experience in developing and coordinating educational programs.
Demonstrated experience in marketing and/or sales.
Experience working with adults and curriculum design, development, and delivery.
Specialized experience within area of assignment may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Considerable knowledge of effective marketing techniques.
Considerable knowledge of adult learning theory, needs assessment, and curriculum development and evaluation.
Considerable knowledge of current business trends and terminology.
Knowledge of effective supervisory and project management methods and techniques.
In depth knowledge and awareness of emerging trends in educational program area.
Skill in operating a computer and various supporting software packages.
Skill in project management and independent problem solving.
Skill in defining and conducting needs assessments.
Skill in designing and developing curriculum.
Ability to manage multiple projects.
Ability to develop, monitor, and track budgets.
Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
Ability to transport educational materials that may weigh up to 50 pounds. Using a computer or telephone may require extended periods of sitting.
Work is performed in an office setting. Incumbents drive to client offices or field sites to conduct sales calls, finalize contracts, or coordinate training programs requiring the use of a personal vehicle. Work hours require flexibility in order to meet client training requirements. Early morning, evening, and occasional weekend hours are required.
- Paramedic or RN experience; current National Registry certification and/or Oregon licensure, or current RN license ideal.
- Experience identifying training needs and future trends in consultation with industry stakeholders with attention to diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Strong project management skills
- Strong leadership capacity to get work accomplished with and through others
- Experience in new program research, formation, and implementation
- Experience working with budgets, specifically revenue/profit motivated
Additional Posting Information:
"American Heart Assoc. Training Center Coordinator and ER/Critical Care Coordinator" is the working title for this position; the formal title in the PCC job classification system is "Business Training and Educational Development Coordinator"
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the Required Question from the Committee - scroll to see questions below - (attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial experience may be applied for new Academic Professionals.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to supply official copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Faculty/Academic Professional Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.