Marketing and Recruitment Manager
Suffolk University, located in historic downtown Boston, with an international campus in Madrid, is a student-centered institution distinguished by excellence in education and scholarship. Suffolk University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs in more than 90 areas of study. Its mission is to empower graduates to be successful locally, regionally and globally.
INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimate to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize 24 universities in the US, UK, and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, George Mason University, Drew University, Saint Louis University, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Washington State University and Suffolk University.
The Marketing and Recruitment Manager reports directly to the INTO Suffolk University Executive Director, with functional responsibility to INTO North America Recruitment.
This position will lead the strategic planning for and execution of international recruitment and marketing plan to drive international student enrollment to the INTO Suffolk University programs and Suffolk University degree seeking programs. To develop and execute a comprehensive recruitment and marketing plan targeted at building brand recognition in key markets across the world thereby driving demand from students seeking educational experiences in the U.S.
The key metrics of success for this role will be measured by meeting the international enrollment targets developed through the INTO Suffolk University strategic plan and the INTO Suffolk University partnership. This position will utilize an extensive network of on- and off-campus resources including alumni, government organizations, institutional partners, key faculty contacts, INTO’s global recruitment network as well as INTO’s regional offices to assist in this effort. This position will work closely with the University’s Office of International Programs and Office of Admissions; the INTO Suffolk University Executive Director; and the INTO North America Sr. Recruitment Director and Marketing Communications Director to develop the strategy and to drive recruitment of international students.
Key accountabilities and duties
This is a valued role in a growing, dynamic organization, so the responsibilities will develop and change over time but will include the following:
- Develop a comprehensive recruitment and marketing plan which includes participation in global recruitment activities such as exhibitions, seminars, alumni events, etc. to build the Suffolk University brand globally and drive international enrollments across all programs.
- Establish country-by-country strategies in coordination with INTO regional offices to reach recruitment goals in particular countries and regions.
- Develop best practices for Suffolk University and INTO Suffolk University international recruitment and actively work to promote a diverse international student population.
- Use analytical methods to identify recruitment and advertising opportunities and frequently update appropriate staff with regards to progress towards goals and centers enrolment numbers.
- Responsibility for the line management of the Marketing and Communications Coordinator. Manage and oversee the MCC during the annual brochure production process to ensure accuracy in representing INTO Suffolk University and university programs/services.
- Travel extensively throughout the world to promote Suffolk University and its academic and language programs. Support recruitment efforts by INTO University Partnerships’ regional offices.
- Manage the center’s annual marketing and recruitment budget and provide regular reports showing progress against recruitment goals.
- Cultivate and maintain solid, loyal relationships with US-focused recruitment channels including education counsellors, government organizations and sponsoring organizations, feeder institutions, articulation partners, etc.
- Provide on-going training, support and detailed program knowledge to external marketing and recruitment partners. Support global partners at promotional events in order to accurately represent Suffolk University program offerings.
- Act as primary contact point and resource of in-depth knowledge for INTO’s regional offices regarding all facets of Suffolk University and INTO Suffolk University programs.
- Provide on-going training, updates and support to IUP’s regional office staff and global recruitment network.
- Manage INTO Suffolk University scholarships and the scholarship budget.
- Collaborate with INTO North America’s Marketing Communications staff and Recruitment Directors in the development of recruitment marketing materials and tools to drive enrollment to Suffolk University programs.
- Identify new product opportunities.
- Work closely with the Suffolk University International Admissions team to ensure that accurate information about programs, requirements and admissions processes are communicated to potential applicants and IUP Regional offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is based at Suffolk University in Boston, MA
Commensurate with experience, plus full benefits package
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business international relations, or related area
- 3 years’ experience recruiting international students to attend academic and/or other programs in a US setting
- Experience developing and implementing a high-level recruitment and marketing plan
- At least 3 years of experience managing teams or individuals
- Demonstrated administrative experience including budget and financial management processes, public relations, strategic planning, policy formation, and supervision
- Experience developing a high-level marketing plan and seeing it through to completion
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the U.S.
- Master’s degree
- Experience working in a university setting
- Experience living, working or studying outside of the U.S.
- Experience with SalesForce or equivalent CRM/database system
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity and equity, with particular emphasis on gender and multicultural issues
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to foster collaboration and trust, work collegially and inspire others to high levels of performance
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of cultures and linguistic backgrounds
How to apply
To apply for this position, please click the following link to submit your cover letter and resume.
Open until filled.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.