Resident Supervisor for Hospitality/Home Management House
The resident supervisor is an individual responsible for overseeing a college hospitality/home management house in the Department of Family & Consumer Sciences in the College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology. The individual will reside in the hospitality/home management house and work with the Instructor/Department Chair to maintain, safe, healthy, and nurturing environment. This is a full-time, year round position requiring the successful candidate to live on campus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reside in the residence house and be an active role model for college students.
- Implement and enforce the program's rules and policies
- Provide oversight and supervision of evenings and weekend functions
- Cultivate a safe, nurturing, structured, and comfortable environment for students
- Be an integral part of a family-style atmosphere, working with students to foster the moral, emotional, physical, and communal well-being of students
- Monitor and assist with the academic progress of students, including acting as liaison with school faculty and staff
- Communicate residential issues to the Teacher of FCSC 3913 course.
- Attend and coordinate relevant meetings
- Provide direction and support to students
- Promote the image of the residential program within the school and local community
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related area of study
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and nights
- Experience in organizing and supervising diverse groups of students
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and team work
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA's)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Pressure resilient
- Analytical thinking skills
- Attention to detail/organized
- Experience working with college students
- Ability to successfully pass a background check
- Minimum 2 years working in a college facility as a house parent or resident assistant
- CPR Certified
The working conditions should be identified in this section - regular evening and weekend work, shift work, working outdoors, and so forth.
- Must be able to work with college student, traditional and nontraditional students
- Must be able to report to work on a temporary basis as needed.
- Must be able to work in the evenings, weekends, nights, and some holidays. Work hours will vary
- Must have reliable transportation to travel to work
Regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear; lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Frequently required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Occasionally lift 20 pounds overhead and 40 pounds from waist to shoulder
Specific vision abilities required include close, distant color visions, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.