Working Title: Communications Coordinator
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 09-11-2017
The Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging at the University of Virginia is expanding business development efforts and seeks to hire a coordinator who can help with marketing, communications, and alumni relations. The Communications Coordinator will be primarily responsible for populating, tracking, and monitoring several social media outlets; creating content for more than 10 digital signage displays across grounds, assist with website content management, coordinate the department's alumni society activities, and work on special projects.
Qualified applicants must have at least two years' digital marketing experience in social media, communications, marketing, or a related field in a fast-paced healthcare environment. A Bachelor's Degree in English, Advertising, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or related fields may substitute for experience.
This is a restricted position and is contingent on the continuation of funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to interact tactfully with the general public and collaborate.
2. Provide excellent customer service, and develop professional verbal and written communication skills.
3. Demonstrate abilities in posting and editing website content.
4. Ability and willingness to quickly learn relevant computer software.
5. Ability to follow directions, work effectively as part of a team, manage multiple tasks, and pay attention to detail.
6. Knowledge of established language style guides. Ability to write, edit, and proofread according to set standards.
7. Possess basic knowledge of the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82546