Intermediate Administrative Assistant
Working Title: Intermediate Administrative Assistant
Position Type: University Operational and Administrative Staff
Department: Department of Pediatrics
Posting Date: 08-15-2017
The Department of Pediatrics seeks a Intermediate Administrative Assistant to work primarily with its General Pediatrics division. This position will provide support to both the overall division and the inpatient unit, including residency staff. This person may perform a range of other duties within the organization, as needed, but is distinguished by their professionalism and proactive approach to administration.
The minimum qualifications of the position are a High School diploma or equivalent and at least 3 years of administrative support experience. A bachelor's degree and previous experience in a higher education or medical office setting is preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
2. Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
3. Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
4. Ability to multi-task and prioritize daily work to ensure accurate and timely completion.
5. Knowledge of medical terminology.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82550