Instructional Designer - JWMI
The Jack Welch Management Institute is one of the top executive MBA programs in the online world, revolutionizing leadership education and helping working professionals learn immediately applicable, real-world business lessons from today's most celebrated leaders. Our accolades speak for themselves:
•Top 25 Online MBA Program- Princeton Review
•Most Influential Education Brand- LinkedIn
•Top 15 Global Online MBA Program- CEO Magazine
The Jack Welch Management Institute seeks winners with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to execute. As an Instructional Designer, you will work closely with a dynamic team to creative innovative courses that will change the lives of our students. We will invest in you to make sure you have all the tools and resources to make our students successful, and make you a better leader.
Why You Want to Work With Us
We believe that the academic models that traditional business schools are based on aren't always in the best interest of the student. We are disrupting education, and our core behaviors reflect our passion to drive change:
•Simplicity- We strive to find a better way, and seek out simple solutions to problems at all levels of the organization.
•Speed- We are quick to act and react, but don't sacrifice effectiveness in the process.
•Execution- Our ideas our powered by action and follow-through. We eat and dream- executing on today's priorities but constantly looking to improve and grow.
•Team- We know that the team with the best players wins. We cultivate a culture of trust, transparency, candor and recognition. We celebrate every success and have fun.
- Design and develop asynchronous and synchronous executive education courses for both degree and non-degree programs in collaboration with subject matter experts in a variety of business topics
- Ensure products are produced according to design, quality and price specifications
- Manage design projects in collaboration with peer designers and contractors to adhere to deadlines
- Support the continual enhancement of product quality by working with colleagues to identify and implement best practices in design and development
- Work with technology and platform managers to implement online course materials through the Learning Management System (Blackboard) used by Strayer University
- From an accredited institution; Master's degree in Instructional Design or equivalent in Adult Education or Courseware Design or Learning and Development preferred
- Experience writing copy and course design. Experience in delivering instruction especially in business environments a plus. Additional experience in Articulate, Adobe Applications and Microsoft Office Suite desirable.
- Must have excellent writing and editing skills, and strong oral communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of ISD methodology
- Blackboard experience strongly preferred
- Must have strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to think strategically from a business angle through all operational implications of product, content and technology challenges
- Top notch project management skills, ability to own a project start to finish, determine milestones/plan, execute fast, work with agility while maintaining quality
- Ability to work well with teams ranging from developers to academics to business owners/operators and build consensus.
- Solid background and sensibility in user experience design and methodology always thinking from a, €what is this experience going to be like for the customer?€ lens
- Must be able to travel up to 5% of time
- Travel via plane, car, and public transportation may be required to perform this job
- Must have the flexibility to work more than 40 hours per week when business needs warrant.
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
- Mobility within the office including movement from floor to floor
- Access information using a computer
- Effectively communicate, both up and down the management chain
- Effectively cope with stressful situations
- Strong mental acuity
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete our application process, please contact our Human Resources Department at Careers@strayer.edu.
Strayer University is an equal opportunity employer and employs qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other classification proscribed under applicable law.