LD Specialist Evaluator, FP1NLDSPCTEST
Administer evaluations and interpret diagnostic assessments and documentation for cognitive, psychological and physical disorders to determine appropriate tutoring and tutorial strategies.
Position Title: LD Specialist Evaluator, FP1NLDSPCTEST
Duties of Position:
- Administers and review diagnostic assessments and documentation for cognitive, psychological and physical disorders. Determines appropriate tutoring and tutorial strategies to meet student needs, and determine if students qualify for special services and programs. Assessments and documentation include, but are not limited to, student's Individual Educational Plan, Psychological Evaluation, physical and psychologist reports, etc.
- Reviews C.O.D. records to determine appropriate tutoring and tutorial strategies to meet student needs.
- Meets with students to determine appropriate tutoring and tutorial strategies to meet student needs.
- Consults with area high schools, resources and/or referral agencies to best determine student's tutorial needs.
- Serves as consultant to program coordinator, staff, faculty and administrators on how to optimally provide tutorial assistance to students with cognitive, psychological and physical disorders.
- Presents to students and others on the type and level of tutorial assistance provided to optimally meet student needs.
- Provides tutoring, either alone or with peer tutor, when necessary, to provide optimal tutorial assistance.
- Conducts Orientation to Tutors regarding the role of the Tutoring Services LD Specialist, the departmental processes for LD Specialist completion of the Recommendations for a Student with Disabilities, and an overview of online and departmental LD-related resources.
- Develops and presents Basic Skills Workshops developed to assist students with learning disabilities.
- Is familiar with C.O.D. and community services, making recommendations and referrals when appropriate.
- Is familiar with and utilizes appropriate adaptive equipment as well as other departmental and C.O.D. resources during tutoring; makes recommendations to staff and students on using these to augment tutoring.
- Abides by Learning Commons and Tutoring Services policies, procedures and Code of Ethics.
- Responds to emergencies occurring at the work site.
- Maintains records necessary to the position and to meet departmental needs.
- Conducts informational sessions, and orientations to program staff and administrators on learning disabilities tutorial strategies and techniques, including information on the Learning disabilities field at large.
- Orients C.O.D personnel on departmental processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
REQUIRED: Masters degree with LD certification or previous experience administering and interpreting LD diagnostic instruments.
REQUIRED: Two years experience working with individuals with special needs. Excellent oral and written and communication skills. Proficiency in written and spoken English. Previous experience administering and interpreting LD diagnostic instruments, such as Woodcock-Johnson (Tests of Cognitive Abilities and Tests of Achievement), the Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test, and other LD diagnostic tests. Computer skills.
PREFERRED: Two years experience working with individuals with special needs in a college setting. Extensive computer skills.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
FAX, computers, C.O.D. software, printers, copier, calculator, audio and video equipment, etc.
Part-Time: Up to 24 hours per week (PT faculty appointment).
May work evenings and weekends on the Glen Ellyn campus and at various C.O.D. sites throughout the district.
College of DuPage does not discriminate against individuals in employment opportunities, programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, veterans' status, marital status, disability, military status, unfavorable discharge from military service, or on any other basis protected by law.
Department: Tutoring - TUTR
Position Type: PT Faculty-Non Union - PF
Pay Type: Hourly Non-Exempt