Associate Vice President, Student Affairs, AFREASCVPSTUAF
Responsible for the leadership and vision for the planning, policy development, implementation and assessment of College Student Affairs programs and services consistent with the College mission and goals.
Position Title: Associate Vice President, Student Affairs, AFREASCVPSTUAF
Duties of Position:
- Works with the Vice President for Student Affairs and Institutional Advancement to develop and implement college-wide policy and procedures.
- Provides direct supervision and effective leadership to the Director of Enrollment Services and Registrar, the Dean of Student Development, the Manager of Student Financial Assistance and the Manager of Admissions and Outreach.
- Develops high performing teams and achieves desired results in areas of influence within Student Affairs.
- Provides leadership and coordination for the development, implementation, and assessment of division-wide policies, procedures, and systems within all areas of Student Affairs.
- Develops initiatives that support the vision and mission of the College through the Strategic Plan.
- Develops, leads and supports strategies designed to increase student enrollment at COD.
- Develops, leads and supports strategies that favorably impact the financial aid provided to students at COD.
- Develops, leads and supports strategies that improve the quantity and quality of professional counseling and advising provided to COD students.
- Develops, leads and supports the enrollment-related processes that impact the overall student experience at COD.
- Ensures that Student and Academic Affairs work collaboratively to provide student programs at the College which promote student development and academic success.
- Establishes and maintains positive and effective working relationships with students, college employees and related college stakeholders.
- Establishes an on-going systematic Student Affairs assessment plan.
- Provides for the development and fiscal management of the College and associated budgets within the Student Affairs division.
- Represents the College at official functions on campus and within the community including student and faculty functions, business, governmental, civic, and community groups.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Vice President for Student Affairs and Institutional Advancement.
Experience and Education:
Five years of senior level (Director, Dean, Associate/Assistant VP) supervisory and leadership experience in student services administration at an accredited college or university.
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience stated above at a comprehensive Community College.
Demonstrated experience of positive and proactive approaches in identifying problems, creating innovative solutions, managing projects, leading teams through collaboration, and implementing efficiencies and effectiveness using technology.
Demonstrated knowledge of creative and innovative programs which enhance the relationship between academic affairs and student services.
Equipment & Working Conditions:
Computer and standard office software/equipment.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.
Department: Student Affairs - STUAF
Position Type: Full time - FT
Pay Type: Salary Exempt