Admissions Representative (Temporary)
Community College of Philadelphia
Reporting to the Manager of Student Outreach and Recruitment, the Admissions Representative provides assistance to the Admissions department by representing the College at local, off-campus outreach events. This position supports the enrollment goals of the College by attending events targeted to diverse groups of potential students and their families, and providing general information about the College's academic programs, scholarships, support services, financial aid, etc.
The Admissions Representative is a temporary position used primarily during evening and weekend hours, on an “as needed” basis. There will be opportunities for assignments during the day. Work hours will not exceed 25 hours per week.
• Provide accurate and complete information to prospective students and their families concerning the admissions process and related enrollment procedures.
• Communicate with prospective students, both individually and in group presentations, while demonstrating professionalism and strong communication skills.
• Travel to various off-campus events throughout the local area.
• Coordinate with designated agencies and organizations to confirm event details and other logistics.
• Complete required administrative forms and maintain accurate record keeping of activities and contacts.
• Set up and dismantle event displays and materials.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate's degree required. Any and all degree(s) must be from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning.
• At least one (1) year of related work experience within higher education required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of college admission and financial aid processes required.
• Demonstrated ability to deliver effective presentations to a diverse audience required.
• Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint required.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills required.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work/travel independently and establish priorities to achieve required goals and objectives.
• Ability to carry or pull event materials – up to 45 pounds – is required.
• Ability to collaborate well with others required.
• Access to reliable transportation is required.
• Ability to work evenings and/or weekends is required.
• Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
• Bachelors' degree preferred.
• Previous work experience in community outreach preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
If qualified, please be aware that your application will remain active until the point of hire or until December 31, 2017. If you are selected for an interview with one of the hiring managers, you will be contacted at that time. If at any point you decide that you no longer wish to be considered, please contact the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your application withdrawn.
*Interested persons should complete an online application.
*Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED.
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Salary Grade or Rank
Salary commensurate with relevant work experience
Job Posting Open Date
Type of Position
Administrator - Temp
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about Community College of Philadelphia?
- The Chronicle
- Veterans Job Fair
- Professional & Technology Diversity Career Fair
- AL DIA - Diversity Career Fair
- Community College of Philadelphia Website
- * If your answer to the above question is Other, please note the source below. If this question does not apply to you, enter N/A.
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- No Response
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- * Do you have at least one (1) years of related work experience within higher education?
- * Do you have demonstrated knowledge of college admission and financial aid processes?
- * Do you have work experience in community outreach?
- * Are you able to work evenings and/or weekends?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application