Tutors will be hired to tutor in nursing. The Tutor will meet with students individually or in small groups to assist with their learning needs; maintain records; communicate with faculty of students’ progress; develop instructional materials; instruct students in software use; schedule tutoring appointments; and perform other job-related duties as assigned. Duties and responsibilities may be modified as the needs of the College change.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide one-to-one and/or group tutoring in nursing content, math for nurses, scholarly writing, use of APA format, test taking and study skills, care planning, library research, time management and critical thinking.
- Document and advice faculty regarding student’s progress in tutoring.
- Instruct students in the use of computers, software and other learning resources.
- Evaluate instructional materials and software.
- Schedule tutoring appointments.