Program Director, Higher Education Leadership Ed.D.
The College of Professional Studies and Advancement (CPSA) at National Louis University invites applications for position of Program Director, Higher Education Leadership Ed.D., to join the College’s academic leadership team and to lead our practitioner doctorate program in Higher Education Leadership (Doctor of Education) and contribute to related programs in development. This position is a twelve-month full-time administrative faculty position with significant administrative responsibilities, with expected faculty appointment at Assistant or Associate Professor rank.
The Higher Education Leadership Ed.D. is an innovative program that is offered in two formats: Executive Cohort (blended program with monthly Saturday meetings on campus) and Online/Low-Residency (online coursework with three required on-campus weekend residencies in years 2 and 3 of the program). The program attracts higher education administrators, faculty members, and those working in related fields and wishing to transition to higher education.
The candidate, reporting directly to the CPSA Dean, and joining the leadership team comprised of the College’s Associate and Assistant Deans, College Chair, and Program Chairs, will be responsible for a wide range of duties that advance the University’s mission and serve its students, faculty, and other stakeholders.
We are looking for a collaborative, dedicated, and student-centered colleague who will take full responsibility for all aspects of program operations, including curriculum, faculty, and student success, as follows:
- Continuing program development and improvement, including assessment of program outcomes, University Course Outlines, master syllabi, and other materials.
- Regular updates, systematic review, and revisions of the program(s) and courses offered, with a strong experiential and professional component;
- Management of course templates for hybrid/blended and online courses;
- Management of Program Advisory Committee (PAC) activities.
- Recruiting, hiring, evaluating, and developing adjunct faculty, and contributing to professional development of full-time colleagues within CPSA;
- Efficient scheduling of program courses and assignment of faculty to courses offered;
• Student Success
- Student advising, including advising on academic progress and professional goals;
- Coordination of doctoral colloquia;
- Effective supervision of student research;
- Collaborating with colleagues in enrollment, outreach, career services, and institutional advancement on effective student recruitment and outreach campaigns, articulation agreements, networking events, student internships and graduate placement, etc.
- Timely resolution of student issues and concerns, approval and processing of related student admissions and academic progress issues (such as transfer credit evaluations), and high level of student satisfaction with the program;
- Continuous improvement of student outcomes in retention, graduation, and career advancement;
- Other duties as assigned by the College Dean.
Applicants must also be willing to teach at other Chicago metropolitan area campuses as needed.
• Earned doctorate (such as PhD or EdD) in Higher Education, Higher Education Leadership, Adult and Higher/Postsecondary Education, or closely related field.
• Minimum of:
- three to five years of full-time professional practice experience in administrative, managerial, and/or executive positions in higher education; or
- strong research productivity in the discipline of higher education as evidenced by publications in peer-reviewed, credible journals, published monographs, books, book chapters, white papers, and other publications in similar channels, and academic presentations on research or research-based practices to academic and professional communities delivered at peer-reviewed conferences;
- Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate depth of both research and professional practice expertise;
- Record of effective teaching in graduate/doctoral programs;
- Record of effective teaching in online and hybrid/blended format;
- Experience in curriculum development and using technology in teaching;
- Experience in graduate/doctoral student research supervision;
- Appropriate professional memberships;
- Professionalism in and commitment to working with diverse populations;
- Commitment to student success, student professional growth, effective professional advising, and experiential education.