Administrative Assistant, HUSoN
• Develop and encourage an atmosphere of teamwork and support
• Operate an office with significant administrator, student and faculty traffic as well as occasional parent and admissions traffic
• Cross-train with other administrative and professional staff, and be ready to help or fill in as needed
• Assist the Husson University School of Nursing (HUSON) Chairperson, Program Coordinators, and faculty with communications within the School, College, University and community
• Coordinate and maintain accurate enrollment data across all School of Nursing programs
• Collect course syllabi and ensure that files are up to date prior to the beginning of each semester.
• Organize end of semester documents and ensure that files are up to date prior to start of the next semester.
• Assist with completion of paperwork for overload and/or staff course assignments to HR for payments as assigned.
• Process time records for hourly employees and student (work-study) workers.
• Prepare purchase orders and request for payment for Dean, Chairs and Faculty.
• Maintain office inventory and ordering in a timely manner.
• Maintain the confidentiality of information.
• Coordinate curriculum and policy change documents for all programs for the School of Nursing through CourseLeaf
• Coordinate efforts with other COHE AAs to increase efficacy of college-wide process
• Assist with all accreditation activities/requirements
• Ensure the School of Nursing website is current; update as needed
• Assist in the preparation, distribution and submission of surveys, reports and grants
• Prepare and distribute minutes from all School of Nursing meetings
• Assist in the development and distribution of letters, brochures, surveys and other media
• Maintain electronic documentation of Policies and Procedures for School of Nursing
• Submit work orders when necessary
• Establish and maintain databases and Excel spreadsheets
• Organize and update forms as needed
• Communicate with students, faculty and others to enhance flow of departmental activities
• Coordinate departmental events, schedule meetings and classrooms as requested
• Coordinate and schedule travel plans for Chairperson, School of Nursing Program Coordinators, and faculty
• Maintain departmental files for faculty members
• Assist faculty with exam prep, proctoring and processing as requested
• Assist with the development and maintenance of budgets for SoN programs and distribute monthly reports to Chair and Coordinators
• Student Support
Assist students with questions/concerns
Schedule undergraduate and graduate student classes per policy
Keep student immunization records updated through Certified Background
Check and inform advisors/course faculty of non-compliance in collaboration with the School of Nursing Clinical Coordinator
Schedule and assist with interviews and processing for all graduate admissions
Assist with processing for all undergraduate admissions
• Office tasks
Perform routine office tasks as needed and requested:
Type, copy, scan, fax and file
Maintain electronic filing system for student and School of Nursing records
Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
Provide telephone and office coverage
Maintain strict confidentiality regarding School of Nursing business and student affairs
Maintain schedules for Chairperson
Inventory, order and maintain departmental office, classroom and laboratory supplies as needed and requested
Maintain all office equipment in proper working order; arrange for service as needed
• Other duties or special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Education: BA/BS preferred, AS degree will be considered with documentation of significant related experience
• Experience: 3 + years office experience.
• Special Skills: Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, communication and customer service skills necessary. Able to work well with others with minimal supervision. Ability to multi-task and work as an integral member of a busy team is absolutely essential to success in this position.