Full Time Public Safety Officer
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for enforcing state and local laws as well as campus regulations and for protecting life and property for Gordon State College.
• Patrols to detect and deter crime and to offer assistance when needed.
• Enforces parking regulations; issues citations.
• Investigates suspicious activities or persons.
• Checks the security of buildings.
• Prepares required reports.
• Investigates traffic accidents and criminal or non-criminal incidents.
• Makes arrests of individuals who have committed crimes.
• Testifies in court as required.
• Provides assistance to motorists.
• Responds to emergency incidents.
• Provides security and traffic enforcement at special events.
• Performs related duties.
This position is subject to pre-employment, random and post-accident drug testing
A copy of your unofficial POST Certification must be submitted with your online application.
You can locate your POST records at: http://www.gapost.org/officer_records.html
• Ability to read, write and perform mathematical calculations at a level commonly associated with the completion of high school or equivalent.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one year.
• Ability to meet current requirements set forth by the Police Standards and Training Council for the State of Georgia.
• Employment is contingent upon psychological screening.