Finance and Administration Coordinator
Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for coordinating the administrative functions of the Division of Finance & Administration, including the Vice President.
• Schedules appointments and maintains the division calendars.
• Answers telephone and greets visitors; provides information and assistance; takes messages; refers to appropriate personnel.
• Maintains department files and records.
• Prepares correspondence, memoranda and email.
• Organizes meetings, special events, and other activities; prepares facilities requests and catering orders; prepares agendas and minutes.
• Makes travel arrangements for department personnel.
• Coordinates, designs, monitors and updates various internal documents.
• Monitor websites and social media and enter updates as required.
• Maintains supply inventory; makes purchases as needed; reconciles purchase card transactions.
• Assists with the development of marketing materials; purchases advertising; designs posters and flyers.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with a high level of motivation
• Attention to detail and accuracy are critical
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
• Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
• Working knowledge of business English, proofreading, and spelling skills
• Must be able to work independently, exercise judgment, and manage projects with minimal supervision, as well as to adjust as new projects are assigned.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with completion of an bachelor’s degree.
• Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for two years.