Director of Student Affairs – Physician Assistant Program
The Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Director of Student Affairs – Physician Assistant Program.
The Director of Student Affairs will be responsible for the oversight of the physician assistant students in the coordination of advising and career counseling, advising PA student groups and professional organizations. This Director will participate in recruitment and retention activities for the PA Program and acts as a liaison between the LKSOM Department of Student Affairs. Additionally, the director is also an active faculty member with teaching responsibilities and assists the Department with program development.
The Director of Student Affairs will be provided with one day per week for clinical practice in the Temple Health System. Academic rank commensurate with experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and monitor student progress within program
- Serve as program representative on LKSOM committees regarding student progress
- Participate in the admissions process
- Assist in program development and evaluation
- Instruct didactic and clinical year students
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of the field of student affairs and student services.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for student handbook.
- Coordinate student activities at the local, state and national levels.
- Organize new student orientation, white coat ceremony, and graduation.
- Advise and oversee student professional organizations.
- Demonstrate high ethical and professional standards
- Master degree relevant to physician assistant education and/or practice.
- Current NCCPA certification
- Ability to obtain a Pennsylvania physician assistant license
- Relevant working experience in the clinical and academic setting
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Experience in student affairs and/or counseling preferred but, not required.
Interested candidates should submit a current curriculum vita to the address below. Personal statements summarizing teaching experience, clinical and research interests, leadership experience and contributions to diversity are encouraged.
Julie Brissett, Assistant Director, Physician/Faculty Recruitment, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, 3420 N. Broad Street, MRB 101, Philadelphia, PA, 19140, Email: Julie.email@example.com Phone: 215-707-5665
The University is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute through their research, teaching, and/or service to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.
Apply for Director of Student Affairs – Physician Assistant Program
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly