Research Data Analyst
Research Data Analyst
Job Number: 75976
Stanford University, Department of Medicine, Division of Biomedical Informatics Research is seeking a Research Data Analyst 1 to perform basic functions and activities involved in defined research projects focused on multi-scale modeling of complex diseases.The Research Data Analyst will independently conduct and analyze experiments using molecular (e.g. omics), cellular (e.g. digital pathology), and/or tissue (e.g. radiology) scale data to embody precision medicine.The Research Data Analyst will develop an informatics framework based on machine learning to predict diagnosis, prognosis or treatment.
- Collect, manage and clean datasets
- Employ new and existing tools to interpret, analyze, and visualize multivariate relationships in data
- Create databases and reports, develop algorithms and statistical models, and perform statistical analyses appropriate to data and reporting requirements
- Use system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and determine root cause for data problems from input errors or inadequate field edits, and suggest possible solutions
- Develop reports, charts, graphs and tables for use by investigators and for publication and presentation
- Analyze data processes in documentation
- Collaborate with faculty and research staff on data collection and analysis methods
- Provide documentation based on audit and reporting criteria to investigators and research staff
- Communicate with government officials, grant agencies and industry representatives
Master or PhD degree in electrical engineering, computer science or statistics with experience in quantitative imaging, medical imaging and/or molecular data analysis in the context of biomedicine.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience. Experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, statistics or engineering.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Substantial experience with MS Office and analytical programs
- Strong writing and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Sitting in place at computer for long periods of time with extensive keyboarding/dexterity
- Occasionally use a telephone
- Rarely writing by hand
Some work may be performed in a laboratory or field setting
WORK STANDARDS (from JDL)
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Job: Information Analytics
Location: School of Medicine
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.