Job Summary: Haverford College invites applications for the full-time exempt position of Payroll Accountant. This position reports to the Director of Accounting and Senior Associate Controller and is an integral member of the Payroll Team and Business Office. Working closely with the Payroll Supervisor, key campus offices, and the payroll compliance services vendor (currently ADP), this position is responsible for processing payroll timely and accurately for members of the community in accordance with College policies and procedures, laws, and regulations. This person will take the lead on details related to student payroll; assist in the transmittal and reconciliation of bi-weekly and monthly payrolls; perform account analyses; assist in the analysis of statistical and other payroll data; assist in the preparation of tax and other reports; assist with payroll compliance issues, and will implement enhancements to fully utilize the functionality of the newly-implemented Workday Payroll system.
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in business and accounting from an accredited institution is required. The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience in payroll processing and accounting, preferable in a higher education or not-for-profit setting. Workday experience is a plus.
Requirements: The successful candidate will have a proven track-record in the following skill sets and areas of expertise.
- Extensive knowledge of payroll processing procedures and computer based payroll accounting systems, along with considerable knowledge of documentation standards.
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office, proficiency and experience with financial, payroll, and accounting software packages.
- Demonstrated ability to perform accounting and payroll reconciliations and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional, service-oriented attitude; excellent communication skills; and the ability to work with a wide range of co-workers.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced collegial environment, maintaining confidentiality of data
- Demonstrated ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, with the ability to meet deadlines, independently and in a team environment
- Possess strong organizational, analytical, critical thinking, creative problem-solving, sound judgement and decision-making skills
Responsibilities: Among other aspects, the Payroll Accountant will have responsibility to:
- Support the preparation of bi-weekly, monthly, faculty and student payrolls, including the review and completion of comprehensive reconciliations, including the reconciliation of payroll and benefits data in Workday, ADP Settlement, and the general ledger.
- Understand and generate Workday reports to provide appropriate analysis, including the compiling and computing of compliance, statistical and other data.
- Assist students and employees with payroll related questions.
- Perform account analyses, including the compiling and computing statistical and other payroll data.
- Assist in the preparation of payroll summaries, control figures, tax reports and other reports.
- Assist with the testing of Workday software updates. Understands and utilizes the Workday Payroll system to maximize operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Troubleshoot payroll system issues.
- Provide payroll and accounting support for the mortgage and housing programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To Apply: Please visit https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Payroll-Accountant_R43-1 . For full consideration, please apply by Friday, August 25, 2017.
Haverford College has a longstanding commitment to diversity rooted in values of inclusion and social justice, a commitment reflected in the academic program, lived experience, and composition of the College community. Haverford welcomes applications from candidates who share these values and who will contribute to the College’s educational mission.
Haverford College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.