Assistant to the Executive Director, Campaign Planning
The Assistant supports the work of the Executive Director, Campaign Planning, who is responsible for the development and execution of a campaign operating plan to ensure that the IA organization is in the best position possible to meet the philanthropic goals of the College through the Campaign period and beyond.
Assists in planning, organizing and coordinating a range of activities, which require a high-degree of professionalism, accuracy, and versatility. Consistently cultivates favorable relationships and works closely with College colleagues and external constituents.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
Support the activity of the Campaign Leaders and Volunteers (60%)
- Assists with the management of Campaign volunteer groups, including: Campaign Task Forces, the Obama Scholars Program Advisory Council, the Campaign Steering Committee, the Campaign Advisory Group, the Oxy Fund Council, and the Institutional Advancement Committee of the Board of Trustees. This includes:
1.Working with internal and external constituents to schedules meetings;
2.Development and distribution of meeting agendas and minutes;
3.The gathering of appropriate materials and the mailing of completed packets to participants in advance as well as meeting follow-up correspondence;
4.Ensuring that meeting space is reserved, appropriate refreshments are ordered and any audio visual needs are met before the meeting;
5.Maintaining an electronic archive of meeting materials in an appropriate shared directory.
Provides Proactive Administrative Support for the ED (20%)
- Writes letters and emails, prepares reports, and develops the framework for presentations.
- Handles all telephone calls and messages and acts as the central point of contact for IA, College staff and Campaign volunteers who need to speak with the ED. Prioritizes requests for time according to organizational priorities and facilitates ED decisions/actions to help keep projects moving forward.
- Maintains calendar and schedules appointments and meetings.
- Makes travel arrangements including air travel, hotel accommodations, ground transportation and itineraries, as necessary.
- Processes expense reports and reimbursements.
Supports the Oxy Fund mail and email solicitation program (20%)
- Partners with the Director of the Oxy Fund on the development and execution of mail and digital fundraising campaigns in support of the Oxy Fund, Tiger Club and other College priorities.
- Submits requests for data and works with Advancement Services to ensure data accuracy for each project.
Represent IA at IA and campus functions as needed
- Serves as an ambassador for IA at all times.
Provides Special Events support and stewardship assistance when deemed necessary. Example: generating labels, nametags, rsvp lists, working reception tables, ordering flowers, sending condolence, thank you, birthday cards, etc. Assist with special projects and perform other duties as required.
- Three years administrative assistant or secretarial experience.
- Proficiency Windows-based programs, e-mail and calendaring tools.
- Experience with relational databases and intermediate Internet search skills.
- Thorough knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Ability to form productive working relationships with colleagues at all levels of the organization, including external constituents.
- Strong writing and editing skills, including a commitment to accuracy.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks or projects simultaneously; to prioritize work based on organizational goals; and to proactively and creatively support the work of the ED.
- An outstanding customer service demeanor, excellent organization skills and ability to clearly and professionally communicate with all members of the Occidental community.
- Must be focused, motivated to learn, and flexible to change. Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, understand and follow policies and procedures while exercising good judgment, rigorous attention to detail and the ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.