Master Teacher Pre-Kindergarten Classroom
The Fisher Early Learning Center is one of the most distinctive early childhood learning centers in Colorado. As a part of the Morgridge College of Education at the University of Denver, we are uniquely positioned to provide a warm and loving environment that is specifically designed to deliver cutting-edge and evidence based programming for infants, toddlers, and preschool-aged children. We are an inclusive setting and value diversity.
The Fisher Early Learning Center is seeking a Master Teacher, in the Pre-Kindergarten Department. The Master Teacher will direct the development and implementation of the classroom environment in the facilitation of the cognitive, social-emotional, physical, language, and communication development of the children within the program. This position will provide supervision and mentor-ship to teaching team members by modeling best practices in an inclusive setting based on the mission and philosophy of the center in coordination with directors. The incumbent will direct the development of a classroom plan for curriculum, individual child planning, and family communication.
- Associates degree in ECE, Elementary Education, Special Education, Family and Child Development or Child Psychology.
- 2-5 years of experience working with children.
- Willingness to work with children in an inclusive environment.
- Ability to push, pull or lift 50 lbs.
- Bachelor's degree in ECE or related field.
- 4 or more years' classroom experience in a NAEYC accredited early childhood group setting.
- Knowledge and experience working with children who have special needs.
- Experience working with children in an inclusive environment.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm on Tuesday, August 22, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have any questions concerning this position, please contact Jessica Lovan at
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.