Application Developer (Mid-Level) - Information Technology
The Application/Database Developer typically performs the duties of a database developer, application developer, ERP developer, and business intelligence (BI) analyst/developer. This position is responsible for the development and implementation of software solutions that fill specific institutional needs, support for all software applications including the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP - Banner) system, and all other tasks necessary to meet the technology needs of the University. This position reports to the Director of Enterprise Software Development and participates in team projects related to software development and support.
- Develop Oracle database objects and structures for data storage, retrieval and reporting according to project specifications.
- Partner with database administrators and interface with business users to ensure the application satisfies business requirements. Enter the business need and technical requirements into the project tracking system.
- Design and develop back-end database interfaces to web and third party applications.
- Develop appropriate long term, flexible, and scalable solutions for ERP and other software applications to solve customer needs. Follow IT/EAS guidelines and standards for software design, coding, and testing, including implementation of new processes in both test and production environments.
- Develop enterprise wide data analysis and BI reporting solutions, including informative dashboards to answer a diverse set of questions.
- Manage complete project lifecycle. Actively participate in departmental and project design meetings. Effectively communicate project status with direct supervisor and functional project owner. Meet the desired due date for all assigned projects.
- Provide ERP and other application tier-2 production support. Perform ongoing enhancements and maintenance of software applications. Research transactional issues, identify root causes and drive resolutions. Respond to production down issues immediately.
- Participate in peer to peer reviews.
- Develop detailed documentation and application guides for use by clients. Also develop metadata documentation and provide useful comments within the software code to assist with future changes or modifications. Document design decisions, adhering to existing process guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in large, complex business environments with proven success in understanding internal client needs.
- Minimum 3 years' experience with SQL and development using object oriented programming languages.
- Experience developing within Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Experience developing with interactive web technologies such as HTML, CSS, JQuery, and AngularJS.
- Experience with ERP applications preferably Ellucian Banner.
- Knowledge of reporting software (eg: Cognos, Tableau, SSRS).
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.