Executive Director of Advancement - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement (A1
Executive Director of Advancement,
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign invites nominations and applications for a full-time academic professional position, titled Executive Director of Advancement, Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement. In partnership with the Senior Associate Vice Chancellor, the Executive Director will provide vision, strategic leadership, and coaching for campus Chief Advancement Officers (CAO). The CAOs are jointly funded and managed by the Office of Institutional Advancement and their respective colleges and units. This new position is an exceptional career opportunity for an experienced, successful advancement professional who will partner with campus colleges and units to maximize the effectiveness of their advancement programs.
Reporting to the Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement/Senior Vice President, University of Illinois Foundation, the Executive Director will partner with CAOs and other advancement program directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
It is expected that the Executive Director of Advancement will:
- Serve as a strategic advisor and key collaborator to the Dean or Director and Chief Advancement Officer of assigned Colleges or Units to build best-practices based advancement programs that support the mission and priorities of the College or Unit.
- Conduct strategic assessments of existing philanthropic strengths and opportunities within the assigned colleges and units. Based on this assessment, will develop strategies and implement programs that will lead to and result in the successful philanthropic support of the academic priorities of the campus and the philanthropic interest of donors.
- Partner closely with Deans, Chief Advancement Officers, executive officers and administrators to establish ambitious immediate and long term fundraising goals in support of Campus, College and Unit priorities.
- Establish standards for performance and clearly communicate expectations to foster a culture of high levels of accountability in partnership with OVCIA Talent Management.
- Determine appropriate use of central resources for assigned Colleges and units.
- Collaborate with other advancement officers across campus to devise strategies for all aspects of donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Model values based on professionalism, productivity and open communication.
- Serve on university and campus committees as requested.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least eight years of successful advancement experience or at least ten years of strongly related experience.
- At least eight years of progressively responsible team leadership and management experience, including the successful mentoring and motivating of staff to produce successful outcomes, preferably in higher education advancement.
- A demonstrated record of raising major gifts of $1,000,000 or more from individuals, corporations and/or foundations.
- A demonstrated understanding of the integrated nature of advancement with alumni relations and communications.
- The ability to speak and write persuasively, listen effectively and engage in meaningful partnerships with both internal and external constituencies.
- A commitment to advance diversity within advancement and across the Campus and the University.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to interact effectively with academic leaders, faculty, staff, donors and volunteers to produce outcomes.
- The ability to travel on an occasional basis throughout the United States.
- A demonstrated understanding and adherence to the Association of Fundraising Professionals Donor Bill of Rights which is endorsed by the Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Leadership experience in a comprehensive campaign at a large research university or a similarly complex non-profit institution.
- High degree of comfort working with and analyzing data. Experience with Blackbaud CRM
Competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by October 6, 2017. Please complete your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a letter of application, resume and the names, address, phone numbers and email addresses of three professional references. For more information regarding application procedures, contact Brenda Morris, firstname.lastname@example.org. The proposed starting date is as soon as possible after the closing date. Interviews may take place prior to the closing date; however, no decision will be made until after that date.
Offers of employment by the University of Illinois may be subject to approval by the University's Board of Trustees and are made contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of any criminal background checks and other pre-employment assessments that may be required for the position being offered. Additional information regarding such pre-employment checks and assessments may be provided as applicable during the hiring process.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
The Illinois Advancement Community is committed to an ongoing, proactive process to foster and achieve diversity and inclusion in its development, alumni relations and communications activities. We will respect and encourage different voices, perspectives and ideas as we strive to represent individuals of all backgrounds and cultures which include but are not limited to the following: nationality, ethnicity, race, gender, sexuality, spirituality, age and ability who represent our alumni, donors and friends of the University of Illinois.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement
Category: Academic Professional
Title: Executive Director of Advancement - Office of the Vice Chancellor for Institutional Advancement (A1700503)
Open Date: 08/14/2017
Organization Name: Ofc VC Inst Advancement