Housing Occupancy Specialist
The purpose of the Office of Residence Life and Housing is to offer a living environment that will be an integral part of the educational experience offered at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs. The UCCS residential facilities should provide an atmosphere that is conducive to study, as well as social interaction and individual development.
The Housing Occupancy Manager (HOM) is a member of the housing team and contributes to the overall administration of Housing Office, a seventeen-hundred plus bed residential facility at the University of Colorado Colorado Springs. The HOM is responsible for coordinating the administrative processes for the department involving occupancy, room assignments, and software report creation and management. The Housing Occupancy Manager reports to the Assistant Director of Housing.
- Position serves as a contributing member of Housing Management Team and must work collegially with all members including the Director of Housing Operations, Assistant Director of Housing, Director of Residence Life, Residence Hall Managers, Resident Experience Coordinator, Program Assistant, and Graduate Assistants.
- Position works other University departments regarding occupancy including Residence Life, Office of the First Year Experience, Excel Centers, Admissions, Recruitment, Financial Aid, Student Accounts, Athletics, Office of Sustainability and other student and academic services.
- Coordinate the ongoing housing application/exemption process and the annual housing renewal process.
- Facilitate all housing room assignments and oversee the room change process.
- Coordinate and evaluate accommodation requests with Disability Student Services, University Counseling Center, Student Health Services and Dining and Food Services, and Residence Life.
- Manage housing overflow process, as needed.
- Oversee the early arrival/late departure process for students needing to move in early and/or move out late.
- Oversee the non-enrollment and resident "no-show" management process.
Major Housing Operations
- Assist with the move-in process for all housing areas for Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters.
- Manage all housing software reports, in coordination with the needs of all campus constituents, including occupancy, meal plan, and application progress reports.
- Assist with room inspections at the end of each term
- Coordinate billing process for term charges, Common Area Damage Charges, damage charges assessed upon check out of residents, as well as deposit refunds, forfeitures and early arrival/winter break housing charges.
- Oversee the meal plan loading/removing process, to include billing, one card management, and general meal plan tracking.
Summer Housing and Conferencing
- Plan and coordinate the logistical aspects of summer housing program for UCCS students
- Coordinate the summer housing needs for student interns from other higher education institutions, as well as general short-term summer guest housing.
- Supervise and oversee all transitional elements as it pertains to the change over from academic year housing to the summer conferencing program
- Provide information and customer service to residents and parents and guardians as limited by federal and state laws
- Participate in yearly review of the housing handbook and formulate rules and procedures as appropriate for operations
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and disseminate information as appropriate
- Provide office reception in the LaPlata Housing Office
- Maintain Vacancy Reports in conjunction with Residence Life staff.
- Establish and maintain positive ProStaff and Student Staff relationships
- Serve on campus committees as they promote the department or foster excellence in the university community
- All other duties that are assigned by the Director or Associate Director
- Excellent problem solving and strategic thinking abilities.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Ability to make decisions for department in an ethical, judicious and timely manner.
- Working knowledge of computer equipment and technology and the implementation of such within an office/business environment.
- Excellent problem solving and strategic thinking abilities.
- Ability to work in a fluid and ever-changing situation
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be exempt from (not eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Salary Range: $34,600 to $35,400
The University of Colorado, Colorado Springs offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- One to three years of office administration
- Demonstrated experience in software use and management
- Experience in higher education housing/occupancy management and/or residence life.
- Experience using StarRez software system, or comparable housing management software.
- One to three years in higher education administration, business administration or related field.
- Knowledge of student development and higher education administration
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications submitted by September 1, 2017 will receive full consideration. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40129 - SSVC-Campus Housing
Posting Date: Aug 14, 2017
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Amanda Alee
Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00737155