8AM - 5PM
$60,100 - $89,200
The Senior Editor is a key position within UC Riverside's Office of Strategic Communications, requiring a minimum of 6 years of experience in digital and print publication and copy editing. Working with the Director of Media Relations and other university officers will conceive, plan, and implement strategic communications projects. Will manage both internal and external publications that educate constituents on initiatives set by the chancellor, provost, vice chancellors and deans, as well as those established by Advancement. Will guide the planning, development, production, and assessment of internal communications, Inside UCR and UCR Today. Working closely with Senior Public Information Officers and creative services incumbent will be responsible for creating content for UCR's digital and print publications including UCR's award-winning UCR Magazine. Must have meticulous editing skills and show great attention to detail and accuracy. Demonstrated proficiency in adhering to Associated Press Standards. Please note: Upon request applicants for this position will need to submit samples of their work/portfolios for review by the selection committee. Cover letter required.
Solid knowledge of production efficiency methodologies.
Solid skills in management to effectively plan and organize work, establish processes and motivate staff to high levels of productivity and quality.
Strong skills in problem solving and collaboration.
Solid financial skills to assist with budgetary monitoring and forecasting.
Strong interpersonal skills to efficiently and effectively meet customer printing needs.
Solid skills to effectively select and evaluate staff, and to appropriately handle disciplinary issues.
Solid knowledge of printing services operations and processes.
Proficiency in the use of a variety of printing equipment and solid knowledge of current technology and standards in industry.
Experience in a news, communication or public relations program for a college, news media organization, government agency or other large-based organization.
Proven track record of project and time management.
Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to distill and clarify ideas under deadline pressure.
Demonstrated proficiency in Associated Press Standards.
Demonstrated initiative and leadership.
Strong interpersonal skills and the sensitivity, diplomacy, and flexibility to balance diverse campus communications demands, goals, and needs.
Experience writing and editing in a deadline environment.
Knowledge of print and digital design software.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview