Associate Director of Development, Athletics
8AM - 5PM
$67,300 - $99,900
Use skills as a seasoned, experienced fundraising professional to plan, schedule, and implement moderate-sized, comprehensive fundraising programs, including specific fundraising programs such as an annual fund. Working with the Athletics development department will prepare fundraising proposals and presentations. Coordinate with Stewardship and the Events Team to steward Athletics donors. Work with Strategic Communications on Athletics specific initiatives. This is a two year, renewable contract position which includes the same employee benefits afforded career employees. Cover Letter required. Lisa Rabenstein
Proven computer skills to create documents, spreadsheets, and reports using Word, Access, Excel, or other software applications.
Skill in working independently and following through on assignments with minimal direction, and setting priorities that accurately reflect the relative importance of job responsibilities. Excellent problem-solving skills with proven ability to strategize, prioritize, and multi-task to meet departmental goals/deadlines.
Strong sense of ethical conduct that will inspire confidence and motivation with the proven ability to persuade colleagues and donor prospects, while maintaining confidentiality in all matters as they relate to sensitive donor relations issues.
Good written and interpersonal communication skills to establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the campus and/or medical center and with external constituencies.
Ability to work effectively with supervisor, coaches, colleagues and University Leaders, students and volunteers to achieve fundraising goals.
Skill in evaluating and analyzing data and information to identify patterns, trends, and relationships, and formulating logical and objective conclusions or recommendations.
Working knowledge of the campus and/or medical center, its vision, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
Good organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
Skill to maintain confidentiality.
Advanced writing skills to independently write concise, logical, grammatically correct analytical or narrative reports, correspondence, or proposals.
Working knowledge of fundraising, donor relations and public relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques.
Working knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, et cetera.
Demonstrated fundraising experience beyond the junior level.
Experience with Raiser's Edge or other constituent databases. Experience with exporting/importing data from or to different software applications; and operating knowledge of Internet for data gathering purposes.
Experience in coordinating and integrating fundraising efforts with alumni, media relations and marketing professionals within advancement. Experience in development and/or alumni affairs and/or annual giving.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview