Assistant Professor of Cardiology
The Department of Internal Medicine at the University of Kentucky is seeking a faculty member to primarily focus upon the care of patients with cardiovascular diseases within the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine at the University of Kentucky Medical Center with regular assignments in the faculty rotations to cover inpatient services (CCU, consult, floor), in the cardiac catheterization laboratory, and interpretation of echocardiograms, nuclear cardiology, and other procedures including outpatient cardiology clinics. Most all of these activities will include clinical care teaching activities with medical students, residents, and fellows.
Professional Development activities such as attending continuing education meetings, workshops, lectures, and other activities will be necessary to participate in the various missions of the Department, the College, and the University.
Please include an updated CV when applying for position.
Assistant Professor of Cardiology
7H354:INTERNAL MEDICINE & DIVISIONS - CARDIOLO
Type of Position
Position Time Status
MD or equivalent
Required Related Experience
Completion of residency training in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Medicine;
Completion of advanced cardiovascular training or similar establishment of competence
Clinical cardiology experience is required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Ky Medical License;
Board certified in Internal Medicine;
Board eligible or board certified in subspecialty of Cardiovascular Diseases;
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * UK HealthCare recognizes the patient as our premier customer and promises to provide excellent customer services to patients, colleagues, co-workers and all others who seek our services. By applying for a position with UK HealthCare, I am indicating my commitment to service excellence and expressing my agreement to consistently recognize that: - Our customer is every person we come into contact with during our workday. - Service is being flexible, courteous and respectful while anticipating and fulfilling the needs of our customers. - Quality is the foundation of everything we do. It is our desire to provide exceptional service to every patient and customer we serve. - Careful, efficient and responsible management of our resources is vital to our success. - We want to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent co-workers, which will in turn achieve customer loyalty and promote the growth of UK HealthCare. By submitting my application for employment with UK HealthCare, I acknowledge that I will be held accountable to follow the UK HealthCare Behavioral Expectations if selected for a position with UK HealthCare. Do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Standards?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter