MANAGER, SOCIAL MEDIA
The Social Media Manager is a creative and strategic thinker responsible for building and maintaining the Lafayette College brand in the digital space by driving exposure, influence and engagement in all forms of social media. As a team member in Lafayette’s communications division, this position will play the lead role in the creation, assessment, strategic direction, planning, and implementation of social media activities to support college and divisional objectives through a comprehensive and compelling social media program.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Editorial Services, the social media manager will collaborate with and consult with a wide array of campus stakeholders, develop best practices for other social media communicators, participate in and contribute to content development, tailor voice and content to different audiences, measure performance, and stay abreast of social media trends. The position’s direct responsibility is to plan and implement front-end content for Lafayette’s social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others.
To successfully accomplish the goals of this position, the social media manager will support social media efforts by:
- Maintaining and enhancing the College’s social media presence on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and other appropriate venues, and constantly monitoring new social media venues and tools for potential use.
- Identifying ways to build Lafayette’s visibility and enhance its reputation through innovative use of social media platforms.
- Planning and implementing creative programs to grow fan base, followers, and engagement.
- Developing rolling 3-6 month editorial calendar for key social media initiatives to provide fresh and engaging content on a daily basis.
- Managing the College’s relationship with the communities on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media.
- Managing online reputation by monitoring news and trends in social media keeping an eye out for negative or criticism of college and provide assistance in addressing the problem.
- Investigating opportunities to advance the division’s objectives through compelling social media campaigns that are tightly integrated with larger content strategy objectives.
- Monitoring impact of social media by tracking metrics and analyzing effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Using social media to drive awareness of an attention to events, speeches, and other Lafayette activities.
- Monitoring and responding to conversations, and keeping key stakeholders informed of trends and topics of interest.
- Organizing and leading social media working group that provides a resource for the campus community in utilization and best practices.
- Maintaining and updating formal social media guidelines for the campus community.
Ideal candidate will have:
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university and experience in advertising, communications, marketing or PR, preferably at an educational institution.
- Strong familiarity with and enthusiasm for social media tools, trends, and tactics, including use of social media personally and/or professionally.
- Demonstrated ability to assess social media activities and performance, identify strategic opportunities, and develop effective programs to advance departmental and institutional objectives.
- Superior writing, project management, and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal/team skills and ability to thrive in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and set priorities within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, particularly those requiring very quick turnaround, on an ongoing basis.
- Strong creative thinking mindset.
- Ability to take initiative in developing strong, relevant social media content.
- Strong writing and editing skills and high attention to detail.
- Willingness to work during nonstandard business hours.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time, both independently and as part of a team.
- Outgoing and engaging personality, a great sense of humor, strong work ethic, and the desire and ability to take the initiative in exploring new strategies the College should consider.
- An ability and willingness to work some nights and weekends
How to Apply: Please submit resume, letter of application, and three references through the following website: http://apply.interfolio.com/43940
Notice of Non-Discrimination and Equal Opportunity
Lafayette College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, religion, age, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law in its educational programs and activities, admissions, or employment, as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable laws and College policies.