Associate Registrar - Data and Reporting
Technology power user for the Office of the Registrar responsible for the maintenance, integrity, and retrieval of student academic records and data. Responsible for testing, training, and documented use of various web based and enterprise database systems.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
- Serve as main technical liaison for office by designing features and specifying coding for use by the office as well as by Information Technology Services (ITS) and other administrative offices. Train users on the use of administrative software, database structure, and reporting tools. Review programming code in order to troubleshoot applications and correct errors.
- Create ad hoc and specialized reports for use by the office as well as other departments, both academic and non-academic.
- Collaborate with ITS and other departments in developing new applications designed to streamline data entry and provide on demand reports for use by students, faculty, and academic and administrative offices. Provide detailed specifications, including where relevant data is stored, for applications that involve the course schedule, student records, and degree requirements.
- Work closely with the enrollment division to institute data tracking and reporting to support predictive modeling for recruitment and student success.
- Prepare mandatory federal and state government reports, NCAA reports, and maintain statistical data used by national publications such as US News and World Report.
- Keep current with updates to software used by the office, including Banner, Argos, OnBase, SmartCatalog IQ, and Diplomas on Demand. Coordinate with ITS necessary changes for electronic transmission of data to the National Student Clearinghouse, the California Student Aid Commission, and Transcripts on Demand.
- Collaborate with the academic departments and academic deans to construct the course schedule and assign classrooms.
- Communicate with seniors regarding applying for their degree and their attendance at the commencement exercises.
- Oversee the development and implementation of written office procedures.
- Supervise one staff member.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a registrar’s office or similar academic administrative office.
- Must have demonstrated experience with word processing, spreadsheets, relational databases, and report writing software. Knowledge of Banner, Argos, Microsoft Access, SQL, and Oracle databases desirable.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills.
- A strategic thinker who can contribute to office and College-wide data strategies and decision-making.
- Ability to work both collaboratively as well as independently on projects.
- Good customer service skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Supervisorial experience preferred.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to email@example.com.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance
Apply for Associate Registrar - Data and Reporting
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly