Middle School Latin Teacher - Ricks Center for Gifted Children
The Ricks Center for Gifted Children at the University of Denver invites applications for a part time Middle School (fifth through eight grade) Latin. We seek a candidate with expertise in Latin instruction, and the developing adolescent. We desire a candidate who is adept at working with a diverse group of gifted students with varying abilities, and therefore is able to differentiate curriculum, individualize and compact instruction and ensure a dept of conceptual understanding. This position requires a dynamic individual who models a passion for and expertise in Latin, and who can collaborate effectively with others.
- Teach mixed-grade Latin classes, collaborating with the MS team to integrate curriculum around central themes, when appropriate.
- Assess student development and performance using a variety of assessment techniques and models.
- Create a differentiated, high level curriculum.
- Support the school mission through the active involvement in the school community.
- Interact and be involved with parents, including proactive outreach on both positive aspects of learning and areas for improvement.
- Ability and willingness to work with the school in a shift toward standards-based grading and reporting.
- Establish and maintain standards of student behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive, creative classroom environment.
- Set and participate in team goals focused on student growth and supported by growth data.
- Work with an administrator in a coaching model around professional goals and participate in reflection on own performance on teaching rubric.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Latin, or related field.
- Valid teaching certificate/license, special license, or licensable.
- Graduate hours or Masters in education of the gifted.
- Experience teaching gifted children, twice-exceptional students, and middle school aged children.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by Thursday, August 17, 2017.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click New Resume/CV at the bottom of the page to begin application. For questions about this position, please contact:
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.