Assistant Director of Parent and Family Engagement
The Assistant Director in consultation with the Director of Parent & Family Engagement will develop a comprehensive and inclusive Orientation and Transition experience for parents and families at the University. Oversee and manage events, programs, and services for parents and families with a comprehensive assessment plan for each and through the event software management system; maintain memberships for the Pioneers Family Association. Develop, implement, and assess marketing materials. Use technology such as social media, webinars, and websites to provide education, awareness, and resources for parents and families. Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to inclusion, equity, and diversity through hiring practices, training and development of employees, programming, campus collaborations and involvement in university/division-wide projects and initiatives.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Experience working with families.
- Experience with program development, implementation, and assessment.
- Master's Degree
- Experience working with parents & families in higher education.
- Experience with event planning.
- Experience with Social Media and Website Development and Communication.
- Knowledge of student development and issues impacting students on campus.
- Knowledge of parent and family transition into higher education.
- Experience supervising employees.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in addressing the unique needs and concerns of students from a variety of diverse backgrounds, including those from underrepresented racial/ethnic populations, international students, first-generation, etc.
Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm with some weekends, evenings and holidays.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm on Friday, August 25, 2017
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact Jessica Lovan at
Please include the following documents with your application:
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff and encourages applications from women, minorities, members of the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and veterans. The University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.