Director of Admissions, Jackson Institute for Global Affairs
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
General Purpose: Reporting to the Director of the Jackson Institute for Global Affairs, lead and manage recruiting and admissions for all Jackson Institute academic programs, including the M.A., M.A.S. and B.A. programs in Global Affairs.
Required Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and five years of experience in admissions, registration, placement, financial aid, student counseling, or a field of global affairs including international relations, development, security, global health and similar; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior interpersonal skills. Ability to work successfully with diverse constituents including prospective and current students, alumni, faculty and staff. Leader with a positive and can-do attitude.
- Outstanding oral and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to collect, manage, analyze and prepare data for presentation to a variety of audiences. Ability to represent the Jackson Institute well with prospective students and others within and outside the University.
- Proven record of good judgment and effective decision-making under pressure and in a fast- paced and changing environment.
- Excellent organizational skills. Initiative and ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Ability to conceive and implement a strategy in a teamwork environment.
- Ability to travel regularly out of state, including overnight stays, for recruitment activities (U.S. and international). Heavy travel particularly during the Fall semester. Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Preferred Education, Experience and Skills: Master's or other advanced degree in a field consistent with career path of global affairs students; successful track record in student recruiting. Knowledge of international affairs.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at http://bit.ly/2vTv38o. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity, rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.